• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Madmelon

Madmelon

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:48 AM

Yeah, the title. I am very new to tf2center and have only got on the website a few times. I tried to get on today and everytime i try reloading, it just says 503 Service Unavailable and No server is available to handle this request. How can I fix this?

Attached Files

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:10 PM

Are you still having problems with it?
Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Happens to me a lot as well.

Pisses me when I click a sub request, since it doesn't connect me to the server and the request disappears, automatically killing my rep :P.

76561198143384608.pngAddFriend.png

b_560_95_1.png

#4 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:58 PM

Asking for a dev response on this.  A 503 means usually that a browser has reached a server and that the server is handing back a 503 for some reason.  The server could be a TF2C server response or otherwise a proxy / invisible ISP proxy.  If it is TF2C, it should be viewable/trackable in log files as every response and request are logged.  If 503's are being logged, I suggest a more informative message and possibly some back-end debug logging.

http://pcsupport.abo.../a/503error.htm

TL;DR

The 503 Service Unavailable error is an HTTP status code that means the web site's server is simply not available right now. Most of the time this is because the server is too busy or because there's maintenance being performed on it.

#5 Cherno

Cherno

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:06 AM

Probably completely unrelated, but its the second day in a row that this has happened... I'm getting 504 errors. Happened last night as well.... 

#6 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

It means our proxy server is working, but it cannot reach the Jetty backend. This happens when we go for an update or under heavy load sometimes. I have noticed it's not perfect, but in general things seem to work...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined