• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

• Basic Information

Steam Name: The Ummm Guy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:91559440

Personal Description

• Due to time constraints I can't play in many lobbies, but I like to host them for other people. I join mumble, but I do commonly mute myself ( I still listen for other people's calls )
    • My reliability can be a bit wonky recently due to no fault of mine.
    • I've been admin on many small raffle servers, and even moderately big ones. Often they just quietly die of inactivity and stuff.
    • I have years in Photoshop and got the hang of 3d modelling/rendering/texturing and working towards Workshop Submissions.
    • I'm a Div 6 Engi for The British Kittens in ETF2L and Iron Engi for Uber Incorporated in UGC, and wanting to get better all the time.
    • I like to have fun - sometimes a bit too much but I can conduct myself very seriously.
    • When I forum, the main section I go to is Suggestions. I love drafting out long suggestions with full FAQs and photoshopped mock-ups.
    • I feel I'm a moderately experienced Trader, and often I do give a lot, such as premium gifts to newbies or backpack expanders to organisations and hats to random people. I have 600+ hours. Thanks to development and testing reasons I do have to have to have the tf2 client on a lot, so my hours are slightly buffed. Admittedly, I'm around 500 Hours.
    • I have basic experience in HTML, CSS and Python. My Hobbies are Modelling and learning/experimenting with Web Design. I'm knowledgeable on Technicalities and know technical limits with ideas.

I feel I could contribute a lot to this community. I'm not really interested in the Gameplay perks of being a member. Simply being able to contribute more a big privilege :)

Thanks for reading

~TUG

76561198143384608.pngAddFriend.png

b_560_95_1.png

#2 Computer

Computer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

I'd like to see you play more lobbies.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Could you give a link on your portfolio or just show some of your works?

#4 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

I'd like to see you play more lobbies.

Yes, I know.

I guess time constraints......lobbies can take up to a hour. If they were quick 10 minute things I would play much more. And also the recent rise in fail lobbies mean that I waste a lot of time. But I do try to play a lot here :)

Could you give a link on your portfolio or just show some of your works?

Portfolio?

I haven't really worked on anything specific. I have good PS and decent modelling know-how, my workshop weapon is coming very soon and I'm teaching myself javascript and php now after getting the hang of html and css. If you gave me anything specific, I could make or provide one.

I have a Github account for my workshop project / all future projects but it does not yet concern any coding, only updates with .stl examples. Its incredibly empty to start of with, so for the sake of... embarrassment I'd rather keep it private. But if its needed I suppose I could.

Thanks

~TUG

b_560_95_1.png

#5 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

Yes, I know.

I guess time constraints......lobbies can take up to a hour. If they were quick 10 minute things I would play much more. And also the recent rise in fail lobbies mean that I waste a lot of time. But I do try to play a lot here :)

I don't think you have much competitive experience. Lobbies are like practice scrims/matches and one half, which lobbies usually play, of scrim/matches are around 30 minutes. 

#6 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

Yes, I know.

I don't think you have much competitive experience. Lobbies are like practice scrims/matches and one half, which lobbies usually play, of scrim/matches are around 30 minutes. 

Of course lobbies cannot last 10 minutes.

By that I meant 'routine slots'.

I realise the difference between lobbies and matches is that the latter has definite time slots that schedules can be adjusted to, but lobbies are unpredictable in the way we have to wait for the lobby to fill, and then possibly wait for subs before the match gets under way. They can take annoyingly long times to actually finish. Time management is key  ;). I do have to reflect on this, however.

I think I have decent game-sense. If somebody interviewed me on Engineer in competitive, I'd be confident.

b_560_95_1.png

#7 kyumin2lee

kyumin2lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:19 PM

KLOrBXV.png

Fxfnj2D.png

Maybe these kind of things? They're both not finished yet.

Also, sorry for my terrible reliability score. Although it is my responsibility and I do apologize heavily those who had to wait for a sub in my place, many times it wasn't necessarily my fault for disconnects etc. As I play more lobbies I hope to up this score.

b_560_95_1.png

#8 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

If you want to show your works, you can PM me