ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

So someday this is going to happen to me:

1. Start a lobby, reserve a spot for me.

2. Get distracted.  Go do something IRL

3. Come back much later, lobby full of 17 eager players wasting their time.

My suggestion: 15m timeout on all reserved spots.  Maybe also 30m timeout on all restrictions.

#2 Crackle

Crackle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:13 PM

Every so often, you get lobbies that never start because the leader doesn't show for the reserved slot. If there was a timer on the reserved slot, so that it would be freely joinable by anyone after a certain time, this would cut down on lobbies that need to be manually closed.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:29 PM

Yes, the devs team discussed this idea some time ago. This is on our list.

#4 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:27 PM

This has a potential problem of screwing a lobby creator out of their slot.  I regularly have this site kick me out of slots while I am browsing other lobbies I come back to find that I am no longer in the slot I chose and there is not kick message in chat.

#5 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:19 PM

This has a potential problem of screwing a lobby creator out of their slot.  I regularly have this site kick me out of slots while I am browsing other lobbies I come back to find that I am no longer in the slot I chose and there is not kick message in chat.

How is your issue related to this suggestion? If you aren't closing your active lobby tab, the described case looks more like a bug. Regarding the timer, I can say that before implementing it, we need to implement "Region lock" and "Private lobbies" features, because slots reservation feature widely used for these purposes.

#6 Daven

Daven

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:12 AM

There's nothing worse than waiting 20 minutes for a lobby to start and the leader being AFK, not readying up and leaving a reserve spot, resulting in the lobby never starting. I feel implementing a system that opens reserve spots if the player does not ready up in time, or a reserve slot is open for an extended period of time, say half an hour, would eradicate this problem. This would allow players to actually fill the
lobby, and not be screwed over by someone simply forgetting to open the class before leaving the computer.

Edited by Mother Tereza, 02 November 2014 - 02:51 AM.
Search the forum before posting duplicated suggestions

• The Once and Future King likes this
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled