11 replies to this topic

#1 ZakMcRofl

ZakMcRofl

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

We should encourage mumble use much more. I suggest you introduce a setting for the "mumble fans" that allows them to auto-join mumble always like it does on mumble required lobbies.

In addition a message like "Mumble communication is not required for this lobby but greatly encouraged for better team communication" would be helpful.

• SuicidalFudge likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:35 AM

I dig this. I don't think I ever join non-Mumble lobbies anymore (mostly by accident), but this would be a nice feature. It also shouldn't be too hard to implement.

The only issue is that Chrome is quite annoying when it comes to launching multiple things at once. Right now, The user is automatically connected to Mumble but not the TF2 server when this happens. But this is only an option, so it shouldn't be an issue. I'd suggest just to have a message pop up stating that.

#3 Neidii

Neidii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

I support this idea, I always join mumble on all lobbies even if it's not required and hope more might do the same :P Auto join is a nice feature to have.

#4 enstage

enstage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

I have to agree with this, half the time people can't even figure out how to join themselves xD

76561198065405581.png

Click above to go to my profile, feel free to add me whoever you are.

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

My server for reference.

~enstage

#5 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

I can see this backfiring. 

• Player has mumble open from a previous lobby
  • Player doesn't close mumble after the mumble is done
  • Player joins new lobby
  • Lobby launches
  • Player launches a new mumble window
  • Player now has 2 mumble programs open

If a player has 2 mumble instances open, they'll alternate with connecting to the server. No fix we can implement to prevent this

#6 ProfessorCake

ProfessorCake

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationPixels

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

I can see this backfiring. 

• Player has mumble open from a previous lobby
  • Player doesn't close mumble after the mumble is done
  • Player joins new lobby
  • Lobby launches
  • Player launches a new mumble window
  • Player now has 2 mumble programs open

If a player has 2 mumble instances open, they'll alternate with connecting to the server. No fix we can implement to prevent this

Oh yeah, shit will go down, but still.

I was playing on several lobbies today. I joined the lobby, went my 6s class (pocket soldier), then i hop on the mumble. THe only people there are the scout and the demoman. The entire other team has they're players on it. We get stomped, and the funniest thing is that the demoman was bottom scoring, and I was top scoring.. AS a pocket. Ruined the lobby.

If it's mumble required, and you're not on mumble, I think there should be some kind of punishment.

Also want to make a side note report, when you join the mumble from the lobby, you don't go directly to the channel. People then get confused.

Could you fix this?

Yes mom, I'm thou Heavy main.

#7 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

That only happens when the lobby hasn't started yet, as it's still possible to not be playing the lobby / not be in the same team.

Compare it to pulling on a team's jersey before even being picked.

#8 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:01 AM

From the Team: 'No, easy to implement, but if its not mumble-required, than the auto-join shouldn't be forced. Not to mention related issues with Chrome'

#9 FrontLineBait

FrontLineBait

• Users
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

So, for lobbies that aren't mumble required, the site auto launches tf2. This is a problem for people that choose to use mumble, because the mumble overlay is disabled if mumble is launched second. Please implement some way (e.g. a checkbox to "auto launch mumble" or something) for us to use mumble without having to close tf2 immediately (because tf2center launches it when everyone is ready), launch mumble, then reopen tf2. Problem: tf2 auto launching instead of mumble for lobbies that aren't mumble-required solution: make it an option to launch mumble first instead, so we can have the mumble overlay

Edited by TheMattgician, 07 November 2014 - 03:29 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Let Mumble users launch mumble first"

#10 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Lobby # 252231 created by thenoid> with 2 reserved slots.  Guess he went MIA and the lobby has been up unfilled for 4-5 hours.  And people joined the lobby waiting to play.  I think there needs to be some setting where if a lobby doesn't fill in x amount of time, it is closed.  Or if a reserved slot is not taken within say 10 minutes, it is auto opened up.

Edited by TheMattgician, 07 November 2014 - 03:28 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Auto close lobbies after a few hours if they don't fill"

#11 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:28 AM

I just keep Mumble open.

#12 stabby

stabby

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

Why not have Mumble autolaunch for lobbies that don't require Mumble?

This would encourage people to use voice, and if they'd rather not use it, they can quit and receive no penalty.

Edited by TheMattgician, 08 March 2015 - 05:23 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Autojoin Mumble in "non-mandatory" Lobbies too"

• Tury likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined