• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Miro

Miro

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hello! Lately I've been experiencing rather annoying but, that occurs only on TF2Center's Mumble server. Whenever I join, only thing I hear is weird, robotic sounds that are really painful. It's really weird, since I can normally hear everyone on other server.

I'm using Fedora 20, version of Mumble is 1.2.6

This doesn't help - http://www.mumble.co...orted-voice.php

https://soundcloud.c...-09-29-20-58-35 (Turn your volume down, it's going to hurt)

Best,

Miro

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

Where in the world are you? Is your connection terrible? In my experience, that's where robotic voice arise, though I'm guessing there's  more to it.

#3 ManSkirtDude101

ManSkirtDude101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

Robotic voice usually has to do with how good your connection is or how much quality you wanted. Open mumble and go to configure then settings. In the settings you should see a slider for quality edit it until you stop hearing robotic voices.

76561198074630755.png

#4 Miro

Miro

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm living in Slovakia and my connection is pretty solid, so I think so it should be a big problem.

Where is the server?

#5 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

That sound is when your bitrate is too low. The server has sufficient resources to handle all clients connected and more. 

I'm afraid there isn't anything to do than follow the steps on the page you've linked above besides upgrading your connection.

#6 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

Miro,

The mumble server is in North America.  Canada, I think.

So I bet that your connection from another continent is at issue.   There may be mumble settings you can work with.  Otherwise you may be able to get an idea where the slowdown is by the following command (assuming Windows technology:)

> tracert mumble.tf2center.com

It will show all of the connections between you and the server, and let you know if there is a slow link or otherwise if "packets are dropped."

This is a single-user issue, and I am not sure if it is solved.  I will call it in-progress for a day or two, then decline.  I'm pretty sure this is not a TF2C issue that can be fixed.

#7 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

Try this. Open Mumble --> Configure --> Settings --> Network --> Check "Force TCP mode".

#8 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:18 PM

I'll give this a few days, then close.

Miro, your mumble connection quality has very little to do with TF2C and things that we can change.  Sorry, this is certainly not a bug.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined