Photo
- - - - -
Under Review

Class distribution on profile (hours/lobbies)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Pellovley

Pellovley

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

hi

I thought it would be neat if, when you join a lobby, the class you have the most hours on (easily checkable I'd imagine) is displayed next to the [hours, reliability, lobbies played] section under your name, so you could see if someone is playing their main when they join a class slot

this is a pretty stupid idea, but it would be kinda neat to have

also this has probably been recommended already

idk

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Similar to this thread.

We're looking into putting TF2C related stats on the profile page. However, we don't really want to put something like the player's main on the lobby page, since we don't want people to ban players from lobbies because he's not playing his main right now.

Keep in mind that we do appreciate all sensible suggestions though!

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Most hours doesn't necessarily equal your main either.  For example I only just recently reached 2 hours more on Solly than engineer, until last week I had more hours on engineer than I did my main as soldier.

In addition to what Mattgician stated some people might also ban/kick people from lobbies/slots for playing their main.

#4 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:47 AM

Actually we had a lot of ideas on our list related to the user information visualisation. But it is hard to say will it be implemented once or not. I was publishing here on a forum design for the stats layout. We were planning to make the user profile full of various additional information, like favorite classes, KAD for each class, custom message in a text balloon etc. For every user name could be attached a dropdown menu instead of the direct link to the user profile. But this is only plans... Nothing can be promised.

Attached File  tf2c_player_menu.png   31.68KB   0 downloads

Attached File  tf2c.fav_classes.png   81.66KB   0 downloads

#5 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:45 AM

pls spell favorite favourite.

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

pls spell favorite favourite.

Want to discuss language aspects with the retarded russian? I'm using american english. You are Ohio pink haired girl have to know this better than me.

• The Once and Future King and Shea like this

#7 Dreamboat

Dreamboat

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Lets say i have 1000 lobbies, and i go to a lobby of people with 0-10, and I get kicked for being too experienced, except 990 of my lobbies are on scout, 5 on soldier 5 on medic and none on demo, and I didnt join a scout slot. Talent wise its right, but they're worried.

I realize this is an extreme example, but is it that hard to track what class you are slotted on when it starts? So lets rewind, witht he new system:

I show up with 1000 lobbies, they're worried, I join the demo slot, and it shows i have 0 demo lobbies. 

Idk, I mean it's not really necessary, other alternative would be to have total hours on the class show instead of total lobbies. Just a thought.

Excuse the quality this is written, writing ideas when exhausted and slightly drunk isn't a combination that results in a perfectly worded post

Edited by TheMattgician, 05 December 2014 - 12:03 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Lobby Class Counter"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review