5 replies to this topic

#1 nanowaffle

nanowaffle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:43 AM

As you likely know, if tf2 starts before Mumble is open, then TF2 does not get the Mumble overlay in-game. To avoid this, I open Mumble prior to a lobby starting, and usually just manually put myself in my lobby's channel, just so that I don't have to worry about it. However, with lobbies where Mumble is required, once it starts, it kicks me out of the tf2center mumble channel, and then gives me a 'Certificate Failed' error, and I have to manually reconnect to my lobby's Mumble channel. 

#2 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

Does it do this for only lobbies than require mumble?

#3 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

Unfortunately this behaviour is not something we can fix as it's how Mumble operates. The solution is to keep Mumble closed until the lobby starts and either Mumble launches automatically, or you are presented the join server/mumble buttons.

I do believe though some verification process is being developed that will check if you are already in mumble or not and prevent Mumble from attempting to relaunch.

#4 nanowaffle

nanowaffle

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, it is only on lobbies that require Mumble, since it's the auto-join thing that causes it. And I would not join it, but then TF2 loads before Mumble and I don't get the in-game overlay. It's just easier to manually reconnect to the server than it is to close tf2 and restart it. I wish there was a way to say "Yeah, I'll manually connect" or like you said, to check if you're already in the server. Also, it disconnects and tries to reconnect in Mumble which would be fine, but it fails everytime and gives me 'bad certificate' and says my password is bad or something.

#5 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Also, it disconnects and tries to reconnect in Mumble which would be fine, but it fails everytime and gives me 'bad certificate' and says my password is bad or something.

Again, this is unfortunately the behaviour of the mumble client that we can't get around. The FAQ has some information about it.

#6 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I don't seem to have this problem with Firefox. Which browser are you using? Whenever I'm in a mumble required lobby, firefox will have a prompt window pop-up which asks me if I want to allow the process from Mumble to go ahead or not. I suspect you could set-up the other browsers so they do this too and thus it would solve your problem altogether.

Perhaps we could compile a tutorial on how to do this for each browser and stick it in the FAQ?

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined