#1 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:15 AM

Basically what the title said.  Most of the lobbies I've played recently, if someone gets !repped they are not kicked when the sub gets to the server.

It happened in my latest lobby with my teams heavy who was AFK for a while: http://logs.tf/431213

#2 Crack

Crack

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

I join in a lobby as a sub for the third time now, and when i reach into it... everyone is still playing without needing me. Like, no one has dc. And the reported person is still in the game. When i joined mumble, people were surprised. Is this just me?

Edited by TheMattgician, 27 August 2014 - 12:26 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Sub Requested"

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

I join in a lobby as a sub for the third time now, and when i reach into it... everyone is still playing without needing me. Like, no one has dc. And the reported person is still in the game. When i joined mumble, people were surprised. Is this just me?

Seems similar, but if people are surprised this sounds like sub requests might be going out for no reason since people in mumble should know when they !repped someone.  All of the lobbies I've been in we have talked to the sub and explained that the !repped person wasn't being kicked by Center.  We also tried to get the lobby leaders to kick the people !repped but so far they have all been shitheads who wouldn't do it.

Let's try to make sure this thread stays on topic with the people not being kicked though.

#4 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Will take a look, probably related to steam id changes

#5 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

It just happened on Lobby #201362 http://logs.tf/437052 red soldier got rep'd, I joined as sub and the soldier was still playing.

#6 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

Happened again last night on lobby#206274 ( http://logs.tf/44592...561197987634387 ) where our soldier was AFK so we !repped him, and the new soldier could not join because the AFK solly was not being kicked.

This is beginning to make Centers unplayable if someone on your team is AFK or trolling since they cannot be replaced.

#7 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

http://forums.tf2cen...like-behaviour/

!rep didn't remove the repped guy.

!repped guy didn't leave.

Sub didn't want to not play - so he kept on playing.

Sub plays 7th man in 6's and gets in trouble for his bad choice.

Interestingly

7th man/sub is concerned about his rep% if he were not to play.

I find it ironic that there are some player behaviors that are negative that are coming out of the rep% - a tool designed to positively influence such behaviors.

Edited by ninjaMooCow, 05 September 2014 - 11:36 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title "!rep not functioning, possibly causing fisticuffs"

• Computer likes this

#8 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:16 AM

Still happening.

http://logs.tf/452095

After not playing TF2 Center for over a week because the last 10 or so lobbies were horrific, I played one on a whim. Medic had 0 lobbies, was the only one not in mumble (though it should be noted mumble was not required) and did not have a clue how to play highlander. We reported him because he wasn't helping us when we comm'd through ingame comms. We had 3 subs and nobody could join, so the lobby was horrible ;_;

#9 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:53 PM

yeah...still happening. Pretty big deal.

Posted Image

#10 slayer

slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

So today there was a sub requested for a demo highlander slot on badwater.  I clicked join, joined the mumble and hit connect to join the server.  Then it says server is full 18/18.  So I obviously can't join.  Then I notice in the chat for that lobby that they rep'ed their demo even though he was there, and it ended up reping me and probably lowering my %, because I was the replacement sub that wasn't able to join due to the server being full.  It's not really a "bug" per say, but definitely should not work like that.

Secondly, if you rep someone thats AFK, then shouldn't it kick them?  I've never seen that happen.  I've seen multiple times where a sub is requested but the guy is still afk and taking up the slot.

Edited by TheMattgician, 13 September 2014 - 09:28 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Getting reported when you can't even join the server due to it being full"

#11 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

This was due to the steam id format change, which should have been deployed in the last week or so.

#12 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

This was due to the steam id format change, which should have been deployed in the last week or so.

It's back. It's not working, I just joined as a sub scout and the guy before me won't leave so now I'm stuck in spec.

8e26d26831.png

http://puu.sh/c4So0/8e26d26831.png

The one highlighted never left, so it thinks every sub is AFK because they don't connect.

#13 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

It's back. It's not working, I just joined as a sub scout and the guy before me won't leave so now I'm stuck in spec.

8e26d26831.png

The one highlighted never left, so it thinks every sub is AFK because they don't connect.

Thats because the lobby you were on was blocking UDP traffic. If that is the case, than manual rep doesn't work, and it won't kick the player for the sub slot.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#14 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

8e26d26831.png

Thats because the lobby you were on was blocking UDP traffic. If that is the case, than manual rep doesn't work, and it won't kick the player for the sub slot.

I don't understand this really, but if it's something you can check, then these servers should not be allowed to host lobbies as it is a lobby-ruining issue.

#15 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

It's not clear how often this (servers that block UDP trafic) happened, so we'll keep an eye out. By looking at recent data, this happens maximum three times a day.

If this number goes up, the dev team will fix it but for now it doesn't seem major enough.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed