• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hildreth

Hildreth

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hi there folks, I do not know if this idea has been thrown about before, but as the site now appears to be gaining popularity and has hundreds of users login each day and considering TF2 Center lobbies are considered the most simple way to implement people into competitive TF2 formats, why not implement a Sidebar, similar to the Reddit TF2 model that allows users to find competitive TF2 leagues for their regions?

Example: 

With the current layout, it is probably better to be put at the top, but something like this would be great for newer users to competitive TF2 who want to play in a competitive league and are wondering where to go. Also some form announcement section promoting when signups begin for each competitive event would be great as well. You do not need to be responsible for updating this, rather the competitive league themselves contact you and ask you to promote themselves and you merely update the information in the bar. 

Let me know what you think, I have been involved in competitive leagues and tournaments for a long time and I am happy to answer any sort of questions or liaise on your behalf if you have any doubts. In terms of TF2 Center development, ultimately I think this would be more beneficial to competitive leagues as well as users on your website become more aware of the full extend of what competitive scene in terms of organised competition. It does certainly open up more opportunities to partner with leagues and competitive communities to help grow the playerbase for both websites.  

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Something much more extensive, but along similar lines to this, is currently being looked into by the dev team. I'll let the developers go into specifics if they wish but at the moment I'll stay quiet about the specific details as it's not my place to reveal them.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

"Something much more extensive" is a question of foggy future. Hildreth's question about placing links and logos of competitive leagues, right? If so I think, we can do mutually beneficial exchange: leagues could place our banner on their sites and we will do same on TF2C.

• TheMattgician likes this

#4 preston

preston

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Add teamfortress.tv streams!

#5 Hildreth

Hildreth

• Users
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

Going to bump this as ETF2L Season 18 signups are open: http://etf2l.org/201...ontest-results/

I am a bit sad no-one from ETF2L has gotten in contact with you guys.

Any chance this can be implemented?

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

From what I understand, the devs are really busy at the moment.

#7 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

That doesn't mean we shouldn't implement it.

Just takes longer than wished for.

#8 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

We are definately interested in this system but there are so many really important features to implement and bugs to fix, but I just wanted to assure you that we're working as hard as we can to include this in our site.

Thank you for your patience and if anyone from ETF2L wants to contact us about any of this then they are more than welcome to do so! :)

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled