#1 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Most likely this will get denied, but worth a shot. Ever seen 8 highlander lobbies up at once? Yeah you have. I would like it so there would be a maximum of 3 lobbies with the same gamemode in a region up, so it would reduce the amount of non-filling lobbies, e.g. 3 maximum lobbies up with Highlander gamemode in NA, but it won't effect the amount of highlander lobbies in EU, so there could be 3 highlander lobbies up in both NA and EU. I'm not sure if this made sense, I'm in a hurry lol.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

Firstly, it's smarter to have a a cap depending on how many players are on. Secondly, I think having a cap on gamemodes is better than a cap on lobbies in general. So, +1.

#3 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

except when one of them is koth_lakeside_event and the other is pl_badwater_snowy. I'd rather not have a restriction like this.

Posted Image

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

I'm not sure I get your point flip. There are issues with joke maps, but I'm not sure what snowy badwater has to do with that.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#5 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

I'm not sure I get your point flip. There are issues with joke maps, but I'm not sure what snowy badwater has to do with that.

my point is if there was only 3 lobbies allowed, and one was 2fort, and one was turbine (not the pro version) then there could only be one actual competitive lobby open. 

Posted Image

#6 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Lobbies queues formula

#7 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

Oh no, I meant that a maximum of 3 lobbies for each gamemode, which it does not effect the region. Like if there are 3 highlander lobbies open, you can't make another highlander lobby but you can make a 6s lobby, as long as there are less than 3 6s lobbies open. What I mean by "does not effect by region", is that if you have 3 highlander lobbies open in NA, you can still make another highlander lobby, as long as it isn't in the NA region. 

Edited by icy, 04 August 2014 - 09:06 PM.