JP-

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Here we go, I've made another script:

Rg6Poep.png

You can get it yourself at the github page: https://github.com/j...er-Join-Friend/

Feel free to use it until it breaks :P

Any feedback is welcome!

Cheers!

Edited by JP-, 25 July 2014 - 11:29 AM.

• Swagni and R.E.M. like this

#2 Swagni

Swagni

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

Good job!

#3 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

That's pretty awesome

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#4 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Tried it out.  Never got any links showing up, and my lobby list would turn into this after a minute or so on the main page: http://puu.sh/asCxX/f09623f79f.jpg

#5 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

Pretty cool if this actually works. :)

#6 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

Tried it out.  Never got any links showing up, and my lobby list would turn into this after a minute or so on the main page: http://puu.sh/asCxX/f09623f79f.jpg

This happens to me too after it's been up for 5+ minutes (though very variable). I am pretty sure it has to do with new lobbies being created. If it is left up for an hour, there are several rows of duplicate icons very similar to what The Once and Future King posted.

Love this script though! You guys might want to change the amount of time it refreshes (not sure what it's currently set at) to have it check for your friends more frequently.

#7 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

If this is getting used a lot, we should give you an API to query the data. Loading the pages is a little excessive if many people are loading every lobby page periodically. What data would you need in an API to keep this plugin working, in the short term?

#8 mizx

mizx

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Easiest thing that comes to mind without any deep thought and short term would be a single page a client's browser can query requesting current online friends status. Idealy, it would return a list of steamid's with either the lobby numbers, or links to lobbies (or both?) of their friends who are in a lobby starting up.

If your system is setup for it, it would be cool to know friends who are online, and In-Game rather than In-Lobby (not sure if you guys can easily generate who's currently in-game or not).

Maybe even players "Searching"? Which would include players in the main TF2C page looking for lobbies. Again, maybe a long-term item--depending on how your systems are currently setup!

Long-term you guys could probably implement this into real-time for instant feedback and less unnecessary requests.

#9 JP-

JP-

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

@Foxy: the best thing would me to give me the players SteamID 64 (76561198039483459 / the one at rc.tf2center.com/profile/76561198039483459) and the players lobby ID in json (or html) format

Also the refresh rate is currently at 6 seconds. This means loading every lobby once again. If the delay is too short it will lag out your browser or your internet connection (or masternoob's server :P)

If you want to change the delay you can edit the script yourself, the value is set at line 72.

Edited by JP-, 05 August 2014 - 10:17 PM.