• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Canadiancookie

Canadiancookie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Assuming I joined a US server, about what ping would I have in the game?

I live in Edmonton, Alberta.

#2 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

That entirely depends on your ISP, how it routes its network traffic etc. I would say you should get roughly 60-100 ping, but don't quote me on that. Have a look at some of the US pub servers available and see what kind of ping you get to those for a good baseline.

#3 Canadiancookie

Canadiancookie

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

That entirely depends on your ISP, how it routes its network traffic etc. I would say you should get roughly 60-100 ping, but don't quote me on that. Have a look at some of the US pub servers available and see what kind of ping you get to those for a good baseline.

Alright, thanks.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

In addition, west coast and east coast servers will be vastly different and it also depends on how close to the north of the US it is. Obviously your ping to a server in Texas is not going to be that good.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

Generally saying, unless your ISP has terrible routing, the closer the server is to you, the better the ping. In your case, places like Chicago and upper Seattle might have decent ping for you.