Photo
- - - - -
Scheduled

Lobby Join cool-down for ragequitters

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Ragequitters' cool down poll (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Should people who disconnect from lobbies be unable to join lobbies for 30 minutes thereafter?

1. Yes (52 votes [76.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No (14 votes [20.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

3. I don't care (2 votes [2.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BadJacKS

BadJacKS

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

I don't think cooldown for ragequiters makes any sense unless it only applies to the first person who ragequits. If you are one of the last 4 players on a HL team I really don't think it makes any sense to punish you for ragequiting. There are also many factors for ragequiting. If I join a mumble required lobby I expect the whole team to be in mumble, only to sometimes find there are only 3 people (at one time I was even alone in mumble on a HL mumble required lobby). If that is the case, I will probably raqequit since then it is just a waste of my time. I know you awesome people at TF2C are already working on mumbility, which I belive to be much more important than cooldown for ragequiters. A mumbility system would probably lessen the chances of ragequits and raise the quality of lobbies in general. That is why I am saying no to cooldown.

#22 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

I don't think cooldown for ragequiters makes any sense unless it only applies to the first person who ragequits. If you are one of the last 4 players on a HL team I really don't think it makes any sense to punish you for ragequiting. There are also many factors for ragequiting. If I join a mumble required lobby I expect the whole team to be in mumble, only to sometimes find there are only 3 people (at one time I was even alone in mumble on a HL mumble required lobby). If that is the case, I will probably raqequit since then it is just a waste of my time. I know you awesome people at TF2C are already working on mumbility, which I belive to be much more important than cooldown for ragequiters. A mumbility system would probably lessen the chances of ragequits and raise the quality of lobbies in general. That is why I am saying no to cooldown.

That is probably the big problem.  As much as I do like the idea of a cool-down for ragequitters (One that gets progressively more severe in punishment CS:GO style) I do happen to have a large quantity of ragequits on my record and about 90% of those are because I joined a Mumble req'd lobby and people were not in mumble so I left when a different Mumble req'd lobby filled up hopping that one would be better.  People being punished because they left a lobby that was mumble req'd but nobody joined would be rather absurd given that the people not joining mumble don't even get punished yet.

Edited by The Once and Future King, 06 August 2014 - 02:45 PM.

• BadJacKS likes this

#23 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

How has this not been passed yet?

#24 Swagni

Swagni

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

First of all: The current reliability system is a complete joke. It goes up and down really fast and does not really represent the players reliability long-term. I feel like there is almost zero downside on leaving a lobby right now. (I left a couple myself and it did not effect me at all)

Cooldown for rage quitting is awesome. It will lead to people be a lot more serious with lobbies in general. To avoid abuse it should not apply to people who get kicked from a lobby, but only to people who time-out or disconnect. As soon as the automatic subrequest comes up, the player that got replaced is going to get his cooldown. I think some work on the reliability of the report system is necessary but I can see how this feature would overall increase the fun and seriousness of lobbies a lot.

Furthermore I suggest a vote system to close a lobby. So if all or almost all remaining players agree on closing the lobby there should be a way to close it. (Similar to surrendering in CS:GO)

Edited by Swagni, 07 August 2014 - 06:48 PM.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#25 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:42 AM

The idea of a cooldown for ragequitters etc is being considered and is one small part of our initiative to improve lobby quality. We have some exciting stuff coming very soon that will address these issues.

Stay tuned :)

• Computer likes this

#26 Kitty

Kitty

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

meh I personally hate the idea with a burning passion

Edited by Kitty, 11 August 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#27 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:12 AM

Well, you still gotta deal with housemates being asshats and turning off the WiFi, or does that only happen in my house.

#28 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

Well, you still gotta deal with housemates being asshats and turning off the WiFi, or does that only happen in my house.

Plug your computer into the internet.

#29 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM

Plug your computer into the internet.

Router*, sorry.

Edited by icy, 11 August 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#30 fishie

fishie

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

YEAA very good idea !! make it 1hour maybe or more . we would have less faillobbys !

#31 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

BEST !  DO it Now do it good JUST do it !  3 hours goood time !

• naknak likes this

#32 JNeb900

JNeb900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Oh my gosh, YES PLEASE!!!

#33 Feel the burn

Feel the burn

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Ah it's not a bad idea.

I'll still ragequit shit lobbies but at least I'll have a cooldown period so I can go with a cool head into the next one.

Let's be serious here, nothing will stop ragequits. Some lobbies are just a waste of time. ^_^

Maybe implement a vote for ending a lobby, so we don't have to waste time when we're getting campspawned on first point, etc?

• Mother Tereza, The Once and Future King and TheMattgician like this

#34 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

A !end would be nice, it should require like 1/2 of players though. I'm not a fan of wasting time in lobbies.

• Mother Tereza and Computer like this

#35 Feel the burn

Feel the burn

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

9 people is too much for highlander.

6/7 is a much more realistic number.

#36 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

9 people is too much for highlander.

6/7 is a much more realistic number.

6/7 of the players would be higher than 1/2 of the player or do you mean 6-7 total and not as a fraction of the total players on the server?

If you don't have a high number to end the lobby then there would be too much potential for abuse.  A lobby should only be ended in extreme circumstances where people are ragquiting and the game is just no fun for anyone, not because your team is going to lose and 6 of you want to end it so the other team doesn't get to win.

1/2 or current players in the lobby would be good I think (in most cases where this would be necessary there probably are not a full 18 people so 1/2 of the players in lobby is not even 9 anyway.)

#37 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Ah it's not a bad idea.

I'll still ragequit shit lobbies but at least I'll have a cooldown period so I can go with a cool head into the next one.

Let's be serious here, nothing will stop ragequits. Some lobbies are just a waste of time. ^_^

Maybe implement a vote for ending a lobby, so we don't have to waste time when we're getting campspawned on first point, etc?

A !end would be nice, it should require like 1/2 of players though. I'm not a fan of wasting time in lobbies.

u should stop playin anymore lobbys. people like u causing this high amount of faillobbys. by the way  when there are to many leaving the lobby it gets closed because of "Excessive subs".

#38 Feel the burn

Feel the burn

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

people like u causing this high amount of faillobbys

I don't leave if it's not completely useless. Heck I've seen b33p leave lobbies, and he's the one who wants it implemented.

• TheMattgician likes this

#39 ondkaja

ondkaja

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

I have played a lot of lobbies recently and way too often people simply leave the server if it's not going well, which makes the lobby quality far worse for the people who actually stay on the lobby regardless of bad the team is losing, etc. Ragequtting lobbies without mumble requirement has no real punishment. The only penalty you get is that your reliability goes down. Very few lobbies restrict by reliability, so the ragequitting wankers can just keep playing.

My solution is a system similar to the CSGO matchmaking, you get a cooldown if you leave a lobby. During the cooldown, you can not join a lobby. It could be a tiered system which looks like:

Tier 1: 30 minutes cooldown

Tier 2: 3 hours cooldown

Tier 3: 1 day cooldown

Tier 4: 7 days cooldown

Tier 5: 30 days cooldown

The numbers can be altered of course, but it really punishes people who have a habit of leaving the game, while only scratching people who have legitimate reasons to leave (computer problems, dog died etc.). The way the progression between tiers could look like this:

- If you leave you always move up a tier.

- If you haven't left a lobby in seven days AND five games AFTER the cooldown has expired, you move down a tier.

Again, the numbers and methods can be altered as you wish. I don't think it is strict at all, everyone's lobby reliability should be close to 100% and if it is not, it lowers the quality for the rest.

Possible issues with this system is alt accounts, since people on cooldown can just play on alts. I don't think this problem will be widespread, since you need 100 hours to play on lobbies. The second issue is that it could punish legitimate leavers. It could be an issue, but my reasoning is that you can't take this into account when making lobbies. It has to be the players responsibility to not leave lobbies. Players should be aware that when they press that "ready" button, they have to stay until the match has ended.

Edited by Mother Tereza, 16 May 2015 - 03:56 PM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "Cooldown for ragequitting lobbies"

• Mr Grumpy Star likes this

#40 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

good idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled