Photo
- - - - -
Scheduled

Lobby Join cool-down for ragequitters

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Ragequitters' cool down poll (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Should people who disconnect from lobbies be unable to join lobbies for 30 minutes thereafter?

1. Yes (52 votes [76.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No (14 votes [20.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.59%

3. I don't care (2 votes [2.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 lobby superman

lobby superman

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:10 AM

So many fail lobbies even though it's easy to report, it takes time to find a sub and people are impatient.

Ban anyone that leaves the lobby and does not return within a short amount of time, like in CS:GO. First offence, 1 day ban, second 3 day, and so on. Maybe have a cool off. If you get banned once, then show up to lobbies for a while, it resets. Please take this seriously, lobby is dying imo. Feel free to amend this.

#2 gandolf

gandolf

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

I don't exaggerate when I say the last 10 lobbies I've played were ruined by a person (or multiple people) leaving on a whim. This has become so bad of a problem that I've decided not to play lobbies anymore until the problem is fixed. In CS:GO there is a system where, if someone leaves the game, that person gets a 30 minute ban from the lobby system. If they leave another match within a certain window of time (I'm not sure the exact details, perhaps you can find them), they get a 7 day ban. The system works quite well. If you implement something like this, I predict it will highly increase the quality of lobbies.

I love the lobby concept and used to play quite a bit, but 6v6 lobbies have essentially become a waste of time. People need to be aware that it is not OK to leave a game and ruin it for everyone, just because they are losing by two rounds or want to go play with some other friend and cannot wait until the game is over. I truly believe this problem has become rampant and ruined tf2center. I honestly cannot remember the last time I played a full 30 minute game in tf2center.

#3 lobby superman

lobby superman

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

Leave a lobby, get banned for a day. Leave again, get banned 3 days, again 7 days etc. Idk maybe like in CS:Go when you leave a lobby. Complete 10 lobbies and it resets.

#4 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Reliability going down isn't enough. Why isn't it enough? Because people still do it all the time.

If you're playing badwater and your team is getting rolled, but you're still trying to win, some people will rage quit to join another lobby about to start. I suggest that there is a half-hour cool down period for people who disconnect while lobbies are still ongoing, to deter people quitting lobbies early to join another one about to start.

And if they were just quitting to go do something IRL, that's fine, this doesn't affect them then.

Cheers!

Edited by TheMattgician, 20 July 2014 - 10:22 AM.
Original Title: "Punishment for Rage Quitting Players"

• UnnoTed likes this

#5 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

I think for those who leave games or do not show up should have a 15+ cool down before they can join another lobby. This will make less "fail lobbies"  Even a 5 minute ban from joining lobbies would help.  

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:25 AM

This thread is specifically about cooldown for ragequitters; related thread here.

I actually like B33P's idea, there should be no reward for ragequitting. Hell you could have the cooldown end when the initial lobby ends+5 minutes for example.

#7 LastTalon

LastTalon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

I feel that this may be an solution that gives a more immediate/direct response than a ban that happens as a result of reliability. I do think they're both good ideas though, to some extent.

#8 Kaibz

Kaibz

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

30 min ban sounds good, actually i could even be like 30 min the first time, if you do it again 1 hour, then 1 day, 1 week....?

I mean i know CSGO has an even harsher system and people seem to enjoy it.

Edited by Kaibz, 23 July 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#9 MsAnimator7

MsAnimator7

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

30 min ban sounds good, actually i could even be like 30 min the first time, if you do it again 1 hour, then 1 day, 1 week....?

I agree that with each ragequit, the cool down time should increase.

76561198037560108.png

#10 Madison

Madison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Although this is a good idea on paper, there's too many problems with it for it to be practical. There are a number of examples of why "ragequitting" isnt' always intentional. If I need to change a graphics setting, I time out 100% of the time. If my computer lags and I get repped before I can join back in, why can't I just play another one with waiting 30 minutes? Or maybe the leader is a dick and kicks you for no reason? I think for this to be practical, it needs to have multiple ragequits in a certain period of time.

• ( Bracket ) likes this

#11 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Although this is a good idea on paper, there's too many problems with it for it to be practical. There are a number of examples of why "ragequitting" isnt' always intentional. If I need to change a graphics setting, I time out 100% of the time. If my computer lags and I get repped before I can join back in, why can't I just play another one with waiting 30 minutes? Or maybe the leader is a dick and kicks you for no reason? I think for this to be practical, it needs to have multiple ragequits in a certain period of time.

Get a better computer

• flip likes this

#12 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:47 PM

Time outs and kicks aren't "Disconnected by user." AFAIK and would not fall under RQ category.

• flip likes this

#13 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

I agree with this completely. There is no reason not to have this.

Posted Image

#14 Maffis

Maffis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

Time outs and kicks aren't "Disconnected by user." AFAIK and would not fall under RQ category.

True, but what stops you from plugging the ethernet cable to "disconnect" from a game, and therefor not getting punished?

#15 flip

flip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 01:33 AM

True, but what stops you from plugging the ethernet cable to "disconnect" from a game, and therefor not getting punished?

If someone goes to the length of unplugging their ethernet cable just to fake a disconnect from a lobby, they need help. Most people are sane and would not do this.

Posted Image

#16 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

I think there are ways of dealing with unintentional ragequitting. Perhaps a cool down where 1st or 2nd ragequit is only 10 minutes, ramping up to 1 day for people who keep offending.

jayserp | steam

#17 Tury

Tury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:00 PM

What if someone crashes? That's not fair if they have to wait 15 minutes to join another lobby, and it usually takes more than 15 minutes just to find a medic/heavy/engineer so it wouldn't really do that much in the end except be a slight annoyance.

#18 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

What if someone crashes? That's not fair if they have to wait 15 minutes to join another lobby, and it usually takes more than 15 minutes just to find a medic/heavy/engineer so it wouldn't really do that much in the end except be a slight annoyance.

We could have a system that would allow the frequent ragequitter to still join lobbies but they could be kicked out of there spot by someone who isnt currently marked as a ragequitter who wants to join the spot. This way the quitter can still fill spots but he wont be taking up the key, more sought after positions on the team. 

• ( Bracket ) likes this

#19 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

But they would then likely be stuck playing heavy/Med/engi spots that are the type of position that is worst for someone who regularly rage-quits.

• ( Bracket ) likes this

#20 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

I don't know, maybe it is not easily accessible and they won't do it. Most people probably won't do it.

All this stuff like ramping up and marking players as RQers seems overly complicated to me. 20-30 minutes cooldown should be enough. Maybe give the cooldown to AFK players too - i.e. players who ready up, go afk, get auto reported, and make everybody wait 15 minutes for a sub to join because they were afk.

• TheMattgician likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scheduled