• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Jackhuahua

Mr. Jackhuahua

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hi, I'm working on recruiting Team members to play with me on Steel in the upcoming season so to get an idea of how people who want to try-out play I decided it'd be a good idea to spectate them in a lobby. However when I tried to do this with a rented UGC server a message popped up telling me I'm not allowed to spectate. While I understand this is to prevent ghosting, this is kind of an inconvenience as I'd really like to watch these guys play. Am I not able to spectate because the server is rented from UGC or am I not able to spectate because of something in Tf2center? And is there any way to disable this feature during set-up? As of now I've been watching their recorded demos post game but it's kind of a pain since I have to watch them all individually as opposed to flipping through them. Would sourcetv be a viable option? Thanks in advance,

-Mr. Jackhuahua

#2 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

The possibility of spectating being added to the site has been talked about in the past.

Most recentlyer here: http://forums.tf2cen...ctate#entry6988 (there are links to older threads in that thread, I'm too lazy to link them all there)

Basically you should never be allowed to spectate in game during a competitive style map and you already have stated why in your initial post.  What you need to do is use STV, which broadcast on a delay.  Since there isn't a feature on the site for this yet you can always ask the lobby creator if they have STV or not, and for the STV address.

#3 croma

croma

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:43 PM

Alternatively you could simply ask your try-outs to provide an ineye demo of some matches.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:13 AM

You can also download the STV files from any serverme.tf rental server by logging into the site. From there you will see on the front page that there is a list of servers you have played and next to them is a blue button where you can download both the server log and the STV. If you get the person you want to spectate to do this then this is a simple way of spectating them at your lesiure. I guess the only problem with this is you'll have to wait for the lobby to finish but that's the best I can suggest to you.

I think if you rented the serverme.tf server yourself and used it to set up the lobby as leader then it'll probably give you the STV access and then you can just get someone else to fill your spot for you or transfer leadership.

Hope this helps.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.