• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Blakeydog2

Blakeydog2

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

If i use Chrome it will connect to the site but will not load the lobbies and if i use Firefox it  wont load at all. I dont know why, i used to play lobbies all the time then it would not connect. please help

#2 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

I'm having the same problem with Firefox, TF2Center never loads. Well, correction. "TF2Center.com" loads, but "rc.tf2center.com" does not. Also, if you get a link to a lobby, so rc.tf2center.com/lobbies/123456, that page will load and you can play the lobby. But the main page won't.

I'm not having an issue with Chrome though. I actually had to switch back over to Chrome because of the FireFox bug.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#3 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

Luop - "tf2center.com loads but rc.tf2center.com doesnt" - what happens when you go to tf2center.com?

Works for me on firefox/linux btw. Will test firefox/windows when i get home in a few hours

#4 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Luop - "tf2center.com loads but rc.tf2center.com doesnt" - what happens when you go to tf2center.com?

Works for me on firefox/linux btw. Will test firefox/windows when i get home in a few hours

I see the "Coming Soon @ TF2Center" page, but than after that it doesnt load. It'll load a lobby page, just not the main one.

Here's a screencapture of it. For some reason the quality got bad when I uploaded it to youtube, but it works.

#5 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:00 PM

This this must have been a temporary bug - are you still seeing problems?

#6 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 12 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

I've been on mobile the past couple of days. I'll check tomorrow when I return from vacation to test it.

#7 Odin

Odin

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Until 2 days ago i could connect fine to tf2center and play lobbies but now it wont even load and i get 504 gateway does anyone else get this ?

#8 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Odin: what is your IP, and where are you based?

#9 Volt

Volt

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:46 AM

I just get a blank white screen when trying to go into the site. It works on Chrome, but not Firefox.

I'm from the US if that matters. Using Windows 8.1

Edited by TheMattgician, 27 July 2014 - 03:31 PM.
Merged Threads

• MatVone likes this

#10 Waffle

Waffle

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1466 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I do not have a issue using google chrome.

#11 frosted

frosted

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

I am experiencing the same problem. With firefox, the main page http://rc.tf2center.com/ fails to load and only a blank screen is displayed, but individual lobby pages work properly. I'm using a fresh install of the latest release (31.0) with no add-ons. Everything works properly on chrome. This has been occuring for well over a month for me. Curiously, this bug appears to only happen with computers running windows 8. On my computers that run windows XP, the same version of firefox is able to display the main page properly. I have not tested any other distros yet.

#12 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Actually Frosted, I'm having the same bug and I'm running Windows 7, so its not exclusively to Windows 8.

#13 Frosty

Frosty

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

i am on a mac i can't even load lobby links - idk if i have been banned from the sight or something i got no idea whats join on or what to do it was fine yesterday even till midnight woke up dismorning (i am aussie) and it worked 2 hours later can't sign in to the sight via steam it won't let me press yes sign in on the lobby page on chrome or fire fox i am already logged in on safari and it takes me straight to a white page - if its because i have been banned i got no idea why and would really like some help :(

#14 Marley

Marley

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

I'm using win8.1, latest firefox if I try to load https://rc.tf2center.com/ I get the 504 gateway timeout error, unless I connect via rc.tf2center.com/ first, which is frustrating because I need the https version of the site otherwise I get the refresh bug ( http://forums.tf2cen...191-refresh-bug ) Once i have connected to the site without https once the https version of the site loads fine until I exit and re-open my web browser at which point I'm back to square one.

My location is New Zealand

IP: 210.55.212.27

Also this only just started happen today for me, I was playing fine last night.

UPDATE: on my problem, I saw a tf2center tip that said disabling Ad block for tf2center is recommended as it may interfere with the site and sure enough and soon as I disabled it for tf2 center it worked fine no problem what so ever with the https version. @Luop90 in your video you are using the same ad-block program as me and it appears to be enabled so even though you have a different problem I recommend you and everyone else at least tries this fix.

TLDR: Disable ad-block and see if that fixes it. It did for me.

Edited by Marley, 10 August 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#15 Sero » comp.tf

Sero » comp.tf

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

For me it doesn't work on any browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Steam browser).

Edited by Sero » comp.tf, 10 August 2014 - 05:56 AM.

• Sero » comp.tf likes this

#16 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

Pretty sure this was mentioned before, but rc.tf2center.com shows a blank page. Other pages load fine. Any help?

Edited by TheMattgician, 12 August 2014 - 09:20 AM.
Merged Threads; Original Title: "FireFox"

#17 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:31 AM

This should be fixed now, could people clarify if they're still having issues?

#18 frosted

frosted

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm still having the same problem with firefox

• TheBv likes this

#19 TheBv

TheBv

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:52 AM

I've the exact problem as the other users : It works fine on Chrome but not on Firefox(I'm using the newest Waterfox version which is simular to the newest Firefox version). Also like frosted mentioned: "individual lobby pages work properly". So I looked up what actually happens when you use Firefox and connect to rc.tf2center.com . So what happened instead of downlaoding the pictures the js. files etc. he only "downloaded" a plain method :

Spoiler

And on Chrome it looked more like this :

Spoiler

Sadly I've no idea what is causing this to happen. :c

I hope you guys can fix it soon!

#20 meatacious

meatacious

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

im still having this same problem on firefox