3 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:04 PM

I don't know where else to put this post, hope this is the right subforum.  It's a request for information, I guess.  

I decided to try Highlander a few minutes ago, I normally play 4s and 6s... about 1 minute into the game I was reported and replaced (though I didnt see any reports in the chat, that's why I'm most confused).  I asked in the mumble why, and nobody responded.  I was scout.  I wouldn't really complain about this, except that I just have literally no clue why I was replaced.  I had a kill, wasn't trolling.  

I was kicked right as I took a teleporter, was that it?  Like, an auto-report for scouts who take teleporters?  I was considering learning a bit about Highlander, but getting kicked like that with no explanation leaves a bad taste in my mouth... makes it seem like that lobby was for experienced players only, when I thought tf2c was a place to learn.

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

It's hard for us to judge what went on without at least the lobby number.

Did you close your browser when the lobby started? Then, TF2C would treat you as AFK.

#3 Captain Pegleg

Captain Pegleg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Thank you for posting; I did figure it out.  After looking at the chat logs, the other team manually reported me, apparently because I wasnt joining fast enough.  Sometimes my game just takes forever to connect *shrug*.  Oh well 

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

For the sake of making things green, I'll mark this as Complete.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed