• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sec

Sec

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I've been in a few centers/lobbies now and every now and then the server admin abuses his power (kicking players, enabling cheats etc.) -- I would really like an easy way to report this so others can be warned. Ideally there would be a personal blacklist feature so I get warned/can avoid joining lobbies with those kind of problems.

• TheMattgician and OMGNinja like this

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Good idea. I think TF2C is at a point where it can afford having empty lobbies with features like this because its getting good traffic.

Perhaps a tag next to the lobby where a mouse over would explain that the host has abused his powers in the past.

However, there is the risk of players abusing it. Perhaps it should require a vote on the server.

A personal blacklist should be fairly straight forward though.

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Good idea. I think TF2C is at a point where it can afford having empty lobbies with features like this because its getting good traffic.

Perhaps a tag next to the lobby where a mouse over would explain that the host has abused his powers in the past.

However, there is the risk of players abusing it. Perhaps it should require a vote on the server.

A personal blacklist should be fairly straight forward though.

Yeah, there is a good chance this would be abused.  The problem with a vote on the server is that if the server owner is just doing something like restarting his/her server then no one will be there to vote, if he only kicks one or two people it's possible no one will notice unless they are friends with the person being kicked.  Plus even a vote could be abused if say one team just decides they don't like the server admin.

Maybe something like a report system that if TF2center gets a certain number of reports over a period of time they ban that user from creating lobbies for a certain amount of time or forever or a certain amount of time that increases progressively changing to forever at the 3rd or 5th ban or something like that (probably allow appeal).

The personal blacklist or even being able to tag someone so that you can still see their lobbies and join if you want but the site will remind you that you marked them as someone that abuses their server admin privileges during a lobby.

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:24 PM

Ideally there would be a personal blacklist feature so I get warned/can avoid joining lobbies with those kind of problems.

This was something I suggested in another thread but it never got a reply.

However I think the forum ban request thread is a simple yet effective way of getting abusive server owners banned.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined