• 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:58 PM

TF2Center Profile:
https://tf2center.co...561198197601933
Idea/Suggestion Type:
Lobby page
Description:
Hey all,

At the moment, when people join a lobby as a spectator, their only method of actually spectating the match is viewing the lobby chat on the website. I think it would be good that when a lobby starts, spectators are allowed to see a button that connects them to the SourceTV of the lobby. It could also be nice to show the current amount of STV clients connected out of the max slots for STV next to the button and instead of making the list of spectators in a lobby vanish when it starts, you can make it keep showing the list of people but clients connected have a green "STV" icon next to their name. Up to you, of course.

- James
Pros/Cons:
Pros:
- People can actually spectate the lobby instead of just seeing a lobby chat-feed.

Cons:
- The only issue I could think of would be players having a 1 minute delay from the live match due to STV's default settings, however this can be overcome with "tv_delay 0"

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:43 PM

The UI that facilitates this feature is mostly the problem. That will require a lot of work and time, and I'm not so sure if it's worth our efforts.

Thanks for suggesting tho...

• Lescalm likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined