TF2C Profile: Sentinel
Region: EU

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Lobby creation
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: --

Using the serveme api when creating a lobby sets the server whitelist to one that's like 2 years old instead of the global one (id 6644).

Fixing it, of course, isn't hard at all but it kinda defeats the point of using the api in the first place (convenience) when you have to open serveme, copy the rcon and change the whitelist each time you host a lobby. At that point, you're better off manually reserving a server with a non broken whitelist

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:53 PM

For HL we currently execute

mp_tournament_whitelist "cfg/etf2l_whitelist_9v9.txt"

This works for all platforms; keep in mind that not everyone has TFtrue installed...

#3 Sentinel

Sentinel

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Hmm, you should add 

tftrue_whitelist_id 6644

(for 6s lobbies at least) because to the best of my knowledge, all serveme servers have TFtrue and the whitelist you're executing for 6s (etf2l_whitelist_6v6.txt) is really old, it disables skins, tons of cosmetics added in the past year or two and a bunch of unlocks that are now allowed in the global whitelist

Edited by Sentinel, 04 February 2017 - 05:53 PM.

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:31 PM

Like I said in my previous post, I cannot rely on people having TFtrue installed. While this is true for serveme.tf, there are still custom servers being used...

That being said, what would happen if we were to execute both commands? I assume on a server where tftrue is not installed, the command would just fail, and it would fall back to the normal (outdated) whitelist right?

#5 Warpy

Warpy

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90965 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:56 PM

nothing bad should happen if you try the command with tftrue not installed.. Also if you are adding a tftrue command TF2C sends then let us add "tftrue_logs_accuracy 1"

it'll add accuracy stats to the log files

#6 Sentinel

Sentinel

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 06:07 PM

That being said, what would happen if we were to execute both commands? I assume on a server where tftrue is not installed, the command would just fail, and it would fall back to the normal (outdated) whitelist right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that if tftrue isnt installed it'll just give you an "unrecognized command" and use etf2l_whitelist_6v6.txt

Also if you are adding a tftrue command TF2C sends then let us add "tftrue_logs_accuracy 1"

I read somewhere (serveme comments section i think?) that accuracy stats inflate the log file size by a lot, that's why it's disabled on most servers

Edited by Sentinel, 05 February 2017 - 06:08 PM.

#7 Warpy

Warpy

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90965 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure that if tftrue isnt installed it'll just give you an "unrecognized command" and use etf2l_whitelist_6v6.txt

Also if you are adding a tftrue command TF2C sends then let us add "tftrue_logs_accuracy 1"

I read somewhere (serveme comments section i think?) that accuracy stats inflate the log file size by a lot, that's why it's disabled on most servers

I believe it will at most double the file size.. So rather than a 1.5mb file you would have a 3.2mb log file. Not exactly a huge increase and I am pretty sure serveme prunes logs/demos as needed.

It's a great stat to have to logs and I've been using it on serveme for the past year or so.. After one of my lobbies go up I usually then just rcon enable it.

• Enginty likes this

#8 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

I agreed with Arie that the default would be disabled, due to the performance overhead; unless it's an Advanced Lobby.

#9 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:13 AM

whitelist 664 corresponds to this one:

http://whitelist.tf/ugc_6v6_s22

I thought you were talking about EU 6v6? Also, UGC Season 23 should probably be used over Season 22.

So I need a final list of current whitelist id's for EU 6v6, EUHL, NAHL and NA6v6. Assuming those are outdated as well...

#10 Warpy

Warpy

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90965 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:27 AM

Here are the current season whitelist.tf ids:

eu 6v6:  6853

eu hl: 6645

- - - 

na hl: 6826

na 6v6: 6834

-

#11 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:42 AM

All agree?

#12 Sentinel

Sentinel

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:23 AM

whitelist 664 corresponds to this one:

http://whitelist.tf/ugc_6v6_s22

I thought you were talking about EU 6v6? Also, UGC Season 23 should probably be used over Season 22.

So I need a final list of current whitelist id's for EU 6v6, EUHL, NAHL and NA6v6. Assuming those are outdated as well...

I said 6644, not 664. 6644 was the global whitelist used in the last etf2l/esea/ozfortress 6v6 season

I just double checked and they updated it for the season that started, they're using 6853 now so warpy is right

• MasterNoob likes this

#13 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

Implemented!

• Sentinel likes this

#14 Simba