4 replies to this topic

#1 Nado

Nado

Former Mod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:01 PM

Hello, this is for people who are having low fps and wish to boost fps right away. There are many ways to do so, but here is one common one that help.

TF2Mate: Tf2mate is a great program to boost your fps while making it fully customization.

krAW8zw.png

How to use TF2mate: http://clugu.com/tf2mate/

#1: First off, choose the graphic you want for your game. The lower it is the faster your fps will get. With m0rehighfps setting will make your game look bad, but very good fps. Pick what ever you think is best for your computer.
17yKBuV.png

#2: Next you may decided what you want for your keybinds. You can keep it default or customize it however you wish.
yUBNsQw.png

#3: For the setting parts here, you may keep it the same unless you know what you are doing. All up to you.
4vbnBt8.png

#4: For the crosshair you may put whatever you wish. Its all preference.
ybIojqG.png

#5: Download the file, then move it out of the zip file. Then go to your custom folder on tf2. To get to your custom folder go:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\custom.

​IMPORTANT: PUT THIS UNDER YOUR LAUNCH OPTIONS ONCE YOU FINISHED MAKING YOUR CONFIG

3g4YBDt.png

jr5eSpQ.png

Any questions or need help? Just leave below or pm me on the forums/on steam. Thanks for reading!

Edited by Nado, 24 November 2016 - 10:06 PM.

• Warpy likes this
Posted Image

#2 +Nightmare

+Nightmare

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

First of all, tf2mate still uses old chris configs that are very outdated, it might even make the game unstable for a lot of users with newer computers. 

Second, you show a picture of some random codes into your launch options without giving any form of explanation what it does, dx8 or dx9 is preference, in a lot of cases dx9 gives more fps than dx8, and dx8 removes a lot of shadows and other textures that some people might like. Same goes for the width and height, you're forcing people to put 1600x900 while some would like to play on their native resolution. And the last three codes are outdated, they don't even work anymore, putting them in your launch options is only wasting space.

#3 Nado

Nado

Former Mod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 07:08 PM

First of all, tf2mate still uses old chris configs that are very outdated, it might even make the game unstable for a lot of users with newer computers. 

Second, you show a picture of some random codes into your launch options without giving any form of explanation what it does, dx8 or dx9 is preference, in a lot of cases dx9 gives more fps than dx8, and dx8 removes a lot of shadows and other textures that some people might like. Same goes for the width and height, you're forcing people to put 1600x900 while some would like to play on their native resolution. And the last three codes are outdated, they don't even work anymore, putting them in your launch options is only wasting space.

It still works for me and if you have a newer computer it then why would you need to boost fps if it should be fine. Also it can be preference, but its what they recommend to put with your other settings. If it still works for many other people, I use a more newer computer, but I still use it and it works. I do agree yes there can be more updated ones, but for those that needs just a bit of a fps boost and has an older or slow computer this could help. You could even Frankenstein/ combine it with a hud to help. Also im not forcing people with my screen size, it should update to there own screen size, or they can put in any. These are just examples with my stuff, they dont need to put in everything I put in here, the photos are just examples. Visual proof.

Posted Image

#4 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:08 PM

Even a potato can run TF2 nowadays... interesting how people still need to boost fps even 10 years later.

But, nice tutorial. I believe it will be useful for many who have not stumbled upon tf2mate yet.

However, I would recommend to try this only if even lowest detail setting in-game is not enough.

• Nado likes this
chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

#5 Jan

Jan

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:02 AM

Well, Jaros, some of us still play on 8+ y/o CPU. :P