34 replies to this topic

#21 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

You have to add 5 dollars at minimum to steam wallet. So it costs 5 bucks.

From the TF2 wiki:

Players with free accounts can upgrade their account to a premium account by making a purchase of any amount from the Mann Co. Store or by using an Upgrade to Premium Gift traded by another player. Upon completing the purchase or using the Gift, the player's account is immediately upgraded to premium, and all previously-imposed restrictions are removed.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#22 Gucci

Gucci

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

I only have about 200+ hours logged into tf2, but I practice all the time on center with my team. I have over 100 games played on center alone. Is there anything you can do so I can continue to practice with my team on this website?

#23 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

The limit was reduced to 100 hours a few days ago. If you're still unable to play, let us know!

#24 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Yeah you can buy a .99c item but you can't get any less than 5 dollars into the steam wallet without some sort of jiggery pokery. The upgrade to premium gift thing costs 5 dollars.

It costs 5 dollars.

#25 Jelly

Jelly

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

I respect that this has been inserted, but  I think it's too high. Especially for those who started a new account because of their old one being ''hacked'' or something like that.

#26 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I respect that this has been inserted, but  I think it's too high. Especially for those who started a new account because of their old one being ''hacked'' or something like that.

Wait are you talking about 100 or 300 hours? It's 100 hours not 300.

Yeah you can buy a .99c item but you can't get any less than 5 dollars into the steam wallet without some sort of jiggery pokery. The upgrade to premium gift thing costs 5 dollars.

It costs 5 dollars.

I get what you are saying but they still have that money in their steam wallet, they still own it and can use it and besides if they're gonna troll multiple times they would need more than 99 cents anyway. I don't think checking for premium accounts is much of a deterrant.

Edited by R.E.M., 22 February 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Former TF2C Moderator

#27 Kenneth

Kenneth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

There's currently no way to transfer steam wallet funds between steam accounts or withdraw the money. That 4.01 is trapped in that account. I guess they could buy an indie game with it.

#28 quintosh

quintosh

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

It costs 5 dollars.

you can still spend the rest of the $4.01 that you didn't spend on tf2 for other games, so it's 99c, not $5 :)

#29 Schrikvis

Schrikvis

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

You can actually transfer less than 5$ to your steam wallet by either using the chrome extension Enhanced Steam or by just editing some values in the f12 menu.

I think it'd be a bad idea to base the minreq around f2p.

#30 ccilodigwe

ccilodigwe

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

i have over 400 hrs on sniper

#31 yesdogboy

yesdogboy

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

i have over 400 hrs on sniper

doesnt matter how many hours you have on a specific class

#32 Damien

Damien

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:57 AM

Just checking, is this 100 hour limit based on total hours played or the 'playtime' value that comes up when you look at your stats? Because I actually practise on tr_walkway or whatever, with sv_cheats on to keep my stats legit, so my playtime value is less than half my total hours ingame. Neither is above 100 yet but at least I'm close if it goes by total hours. Either way, props to you guys for listening to your community. Might seem to be a little thing, but in my experience it's really important to keep doing so.

#33 jayserp

jayserp

former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

It is based on the ingame time on your Steam profile. Idling, playing, local practice all counts!

jayserp | steam

#34 Damien

Damien

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

Cheers! Seems I'll be playing some lobbies next week then, I can't wait :D hopefully my team will be understanding though :P

#35 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Cheers! Seems I'll be playing some lobbies next week then, I can't wait :D hopefully my team will be understanding though :P

Hey! :)

Glad to see someone new enter the scene. You might find this helpful.

Former TF2C Moderator