• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CupCake

CupCake

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

As most of you already know, the report system is slightly broken. 

Firstly, sometimes the server automatically reports people who are playing (I have yet to figure out at what specific times this happens). This is obviously a problem in itself - as most times you get kicked once a sub has joined. Which is slightly unfair when its not the players fault.

And other times the original player wont get kicked. Sub obviously gets frustrated and angry as he/she does not realise that the system has incorrectly reported a person. With luck the sub will understand he is not needed so leaves.

This is when the problem starts - the sub leaves, he gets reported by the system (even if the sub was never needed in the first place and there is no requirements for a new sub) which leads to a new sub joining the server. Again - this sub gets angry and abusive to all the other players as this person does not comprehend that this is a system error. This sub then leaves too, which means ...

Yes you guessed it - the sub gets reported and a new persons joins again.

I was in a lobby the other day and this happened 4 times.  <_<

This is a very common problem which causes frustration amongst lot of players.

Hopefully will be fixed at some point in the near future :D

#2 Some_Thing

Some_Thing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Steam Profile

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Some new changes have gone live which fixes this behaviour. When a sub is called in, the original person reported will be kicked once the new replacement has entered the server. This change was only made live about 12 hours ago roughly. Let us know if it still continues to happen

#3 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

Some new changes have gone live which fixes this behaviour. When a sub is called in, the original person reported will be kicked once the new replacement has entered the server. This change was only made live about 12 hours ago roughly. Let us know if it still continues to happen

How is it fair for the original person to be kicked if they never needed a sub to replace them in the first place?

• CupCake likes this

#4 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

How is it fair for the original person to be kicked if they never needed a sub to replace them in the first place?

I suspect this is because some players join lobbies to troll and not play properly e.g. a medic not healing people on purpose and just running around.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#5 CupCake

CupCake

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:08 AM

@ REM - actually I have been in several 6s lobbies (prior to the newest update) where people who were playing properly were reported by the system for being afk or whatever. Even thou, they had been in server all the time, playing.  >> 

However will keep you posted if I notice more of this problem

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

If its an error, its not fair. But its the only way to solve the sub joining circle mentioned in the topic post.

#7 LimeBowler

LimeBowler

• Users
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Or the Auto-report feature could just be scrapped? It seems to cause more problems than it solves, and typing '!rep red scout' isn't hard.

#8 VoidWhisperer

VoidWhisperer

Void

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

If its an error, its not fair. But its the only way to solve the sub joining circle mentioned in the topic post.

If they are trolling, that is generally when someone who is still in the game is reported and then eventually kicked if a sub is found.

#9 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Well I guess that makes sense.  Since I make a lot of my own lobbies I guess worst case scenario if I am falsly booted from the lobby I can just restart my server so nobody else gets to play it either and I can make another, but if I didn't have the ability to do this and then I got booted from a lobby that I had probably waited a long time to start (because they never fill up fast) I would not be a very happy camper.

Edit--- In fact I would think that's the kind of thing that would lead a person to trolling lobbies out of anger and/or frustration.

• The Once and Future King likes this

#10 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

@ REM - actually I have been in several 6s lobbies (prior to the newest update) where people who were playing properly were reported by the system for being afk or whatever. Even thou, they had been in server all the time, playing.  >> 

However will keep you posted if I notice more of this problem

I think I misunderstood your original post. I assumed you were talking about the manual kick system not the automated one. Nevermind.

Or the Auto-report feature could just be scrapped? It seems to cause more problems than it solves, and typing '!rep red scout' isn't hard.

Yes but there are times where players don't report people who are AFK. It's very frustrating and I don't fully understand why this happens but it does happen quite often in my experience.

Edit--- In fact I would think that's the kind of thing that would lead a person to trolling lobbies out of anger and/or frustration.

Why on earth would people vent their frustrations by trolling other people's lobbies? If people are dumb enough to do this then they don't belong on the site and they can get banned along with the rest of the trolls.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#11 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

If you take out your anger by trolling other people, you're part of the problem, not the solution. I personally have no sympathy for that kind of behavior, no matter the circumstances.

#12 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:30 PM

Most of the things in here have been fixed. There's a few outstanding fixes that are covered on other bugs, so resolving this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed