TF2C Profile: hurth
Region: NA

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: * Adblock Plus
Connection type: * Router

Bug type: Mumble
Lobby ID: Lobby Never Started
Date & Time: 8/8/16 5:30 Mountain Time

I was waiting for a 6v6 match to start where I was set up to be demoman, and most people had readied up, except for 2 people on the other team. Nothing had started, because the "let the games begin" popup didn't happen yet. That's usually when people join the mumble and the server starts up. But since the 2 people hadn't readied up, we all were just still on the waiting screen waiting for the server connection info to appear. Then, the queue ended and I was told I was banned for 30 mins for 'not connecting to the mumble'. It seems like a bug to me that people can get cooldowns for not being in mumble before the server is even joinable.

Maybe I'm missing something that makes this perfectly explainable and not a bug, but it sure seems like one, and its a shame my mumbility isn't 100% anymore :c

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 09 August 2016 - 01:02 AM

Where did you get the idea that you were mumble banned? You received a cool down because you didn't join the server within 3 minutes after it launched. Since it was mumble req, tf2c only fires up mumble for you, which is a Chroyme issue. You need to still manually connect, which you probably didn't

Try FireFox, which launches both tf2 and mumble.
  • hurth likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined