Photo
- - - - -

Constant Refreshing, Can't Connect To Mumble.

Declined

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 r4t

r4t

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:58 AM

TF2C Profile: r4t
Region: NA

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * WiFi

Bug type: Other
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: 07/01/16 - 07/18/16

I'll keep this short I guess, I don't have any images to add just general things that are happening.

I moved from California to Nevada, before the move I was able to browse lobbies / use the chat on tf2center without it constantly refreshing; now when I attempt to visit the site it constantly refreshes itself about every 5 seconds or so.

Not too big of an issue since I can still join lobbies (however I cannot leave until it has refreshed again, click the button to leave and I have to wait for it to refresh again to confirm that I have indeed left); however, I also can't seem to join the mumble. I can join any other mumble just fine but when I try to join from the "join mumble button" it times about every time (IE: Server Connection Failed: Connection Timed Out, message.). I tried to join directly from the mumble application using the IP and Port address found in another one of these threads and it gives me the same message.

Bug? Or is there a way to fix this so I can use the site again?

I've tried following the "how to connect to tf2center" guide after the update to the site after the DDoS attacks, but the refresh bug still remained.

For Mumble I tried disabling QoS and enabling TCP mode to no avail.
I do not have access to the router settings, but I'll look into getting the router login info tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

Looks like your local gateway (router?) does not allow websockets (refreshing bug) and Mumble (UDP?). What happens if you use your phone as access point using 4G?

#3 r4t

r4t

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

I do not have 4g currently so I can't test that, though I was able to connect to other mumble servers just not tf2center's.

I'll try and gain access to the router settings as soon as I can, I didn't set up this router/modem unfortunately so I have to figure out who knows the access passwords (as the default ones didn't work). How would I go about fixing the refresh problem when I do get access to the router? And Mumble? Is there some sort of router setting that would make it impossible to connect to tf2c's mumble server?

I also might have put this in the wrong category but I'm happy to see a reply!

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

If you don't have control over your Internet connection, I'm afraid there is not much we can do for you here...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined