TF2C Profile: skham
Region: EU

Browser: Google Chrome
Critical plugins: --
Connection type: * WiFi

Bug type: Other
Lobby ID: --
Date & Time: --

So apparently there is region for al. Well I moved about 10 months ago and I only play on eu lobbies and play in an eu ugc league when I live in Qatar. It doesnt seem to affect me since im sniper main. The problem is I cant join advanced lobbies which I would like to play in for more experience with better players. I have done about everything form setting my profile to France to even changing ugc profile. It may be a bug or something and I dont have any viruses or cookies. If possible can you please enable me for eu which is the region I only play in

• skham likes this

#2 Jan

Jan

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

It's not a bug. Even a friend from Israel can't play in EU restricted lobbies. And my guess is that they detect your location based on your IP.

• skham likes this

#3 skham

skham

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

thats ridiculous I mean if i can play normally while I live in middle east why do we need region lock. If your accepted into al you generally know the extent of your skill and if you can play the class with 100+ ping why stop them from playing. No one in al have 300 hours and have played in steel and above so if possible can we get rid of this region lock? I just wanna get better and have fun like any other tf2 player.

• skham likes this

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

You maybe want to cool down a bit; you need to live in Saudi Arabia which is not considered EU by anyone. We don't care what you're used to play and how good you are on sniper. We want the pings to be as clean as possible, so that's why.

However, I can also see that you're a little bit unfortunate location wise between Asia and Europe. I have therefore decided that Quatar (and also the United Arab Emirates) will be considered EU. Since there is a lot of oil money with you guys, I expect you to donate gracefully as you are ^^

Kidding... or not?

Anyway, this will be deployed on the next update. Be patient until then ;-)

MN

#5 skham

skham

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

omg thank you so much!! Yea ill try to donate 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Under Review