• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GaroK

GaroK

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

over 1500h(not including other accounts) of TF2, still main no class and suck at this game. What should I do to git gud?

• Enginty likes this

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

MGE, DM, join a team, jump maps

#3 Unroovl

Unroovl

• Users
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

Play as often as you can. If not possible then have a set time period you play in. Start off playing 1 hour of dm/mge a day, then slowly make that amount larger over time (depending on how much time you have to play). Mix with your friends, play lobbies, try to merc for teams, etc. As for figuring out your main, just practice with whatever class you want/seems interesting or fun. There's no such thing as a class that is right for you and will be easier to improve with.

#4 aronar

aronar

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

Agree with Newbie, you should play as often as you can.

#5 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:38 PM

Needs more doritos-nacho-cheese.png?sfvrsn=2 and mountaindeweu_500_1.jpg

chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

#6 Casualo

Casualo

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

these are mostly things i have learned around my time in tf2:

- Map awareness: the more you are familiar with a map, the more comfortable you will feel in it or at the very least you won't end up disoriented or ambushed

- Environment Awareness: Basically paying attention to everything else that moves, that what you can and cannot see, if a Scout is slower than normal is a Spy, if a Heavy is carrying the wrong weapon is a spy, if there is a distant beeping in an odd place it's most likely a Sentry. if you are a support class this awareness becomes more important since you'll be targeted and prioritized over your team mates, so you while can't see or hear it, must expect all the enemy fire directed at you so even if you are focussing on healing must always have present that you never must be standing idle, also if an ally is burning and you can extinguish it do it, specially if you are a Pyro

- Weapon Awareness: strictly talking about the weapons and no classes, you need to pay close attention to your enemy's immediate weapon so you be prepared for whatever they are planning for you, so you can react and adapt accordingly, for instance, Heavy with slow movement but plenty of health can surf damage a Soldier's rocket to rocketjump his way away from a second possible rocket, a Pyro might take the risk of trying to deflect a Sniper's arrow or a Scout's Sandman ball, it also allows you to take immediate decisions and evaluate how much you risk and if it pays off in the end, one example of this is a Heavy with Sastcha against other Heavy with Natascha, since Natascha does less DPS vanilla Heavy can take the chance and face one on one the other Heavy with higher chances of victory

- Enemy Awareness: This one is possibly the hardest, you have to anticipate your enemy, and anticipate an enemy that is possibly anticipating you, it's a race of wits mainly, for this you have to know how every class move, how they act, react and attack, combined with Weapon Awareness you most of the time can avoid your own death be it with a successful kill or a timely retreat. is not hard to anticipate what a Rocket Jumper or Sticky Jumper player is going to do, and you can almost warrant evasion, but there are other times in which you have to expect rather than observe, for instance a Spy while consistent in his role of backstabbing and sapping it's hard to see coming through the chaos of a match, so instead of expecting to see a spy cloak or disguise in front of you, you have to always expect a Spy and never let your guard down, this also applies for enemies you might have previously seen ambushing other team mates

- Juggling: Erratic movements, behavior and arrhythmic shooting, you might think only Scout can juggle his way into and out of fights but all classes can, depending on their capabilities you can even get closer instead of retreating due to the risk it implies for the enemy (Demos and Soldiers receiving their own splash damage added with yours while you only receive the rocket's damage) or making the enemy think you'll be chasing them just behind them when in reality you made some distance for the enemy to return and check on you as you are ready to ambush, it mostly comes down to the class you want to play but never be afraid to let go enemies and never overextend

final suggestion, don't be afraid to main or use a class that fits your skills, i don't main Sniper because i'm not one to headshot and instead i rather fire and forget Flares so i can be active and useful to my team with other tasks, if an enemy retreats and makes a lot of distance from you, let it go because it's most likely his mates are about to assist him and kill you, always look after the Medic and if it helps watch some tutorials online, in my personal experience this has been rather helpful

https://www.youtube....saSm-69ZURUTAql

(BTW read the description of every video, it's where the good stuff is at)

Edited by Casualo, 27 March 2017 - 09:26 PM.