• 22 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:52 AM

Steam Name: Pac
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:64669901

http://logs.tf/14323...561198089605530

I enlisted as scout.

Match length 18:02

Offclass length: 41% of the match

I am quite frustrating that I would get banned for such a thing when clearly the circumstances were not looked into. If you look at the score, our team lost 0-5, and the match length was a mere 18 minutes. As such you could expect us to lose mid and then be forced to hold last. So if we are holding last 5 rounds and I off class to heavy/sniper on last to provide our team with an advantage (which I did do as I dropped their med once and killed him another time which provided the basis for us to push off last). Therefore the fact that I was banned without further investigation into the situation leaves me quite puzzled and frankly disappointed with the TF2Center system. As well, I was perusing the ban forums a few days ago and a player was not banned due to the fact that he/she offclassed only 43% of the lobby and it was too close to the line (meanwhile I only went past the line by 1%). Therefore, the fact that we lost every mid and got pushed to last where I offclassed to sniper/heavy should not be bannable as it is acceptable and actually advantageous in most situations.

#2 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 15 June 2016 - 03:05 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the explanation, it's hard for us to interpret exactly why there was offclassing involved without viewing a demo, which we don't require when reporting offclassing, so we follow the rules and ban accordingly. You also were banned recently for offclassing in the same week, so we took action this time. Please be aware that you have already reached 2 offences this year.

Taking into the lobby time, holding last and the 1% more offclassing, you have been unbanned. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Unbanned.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unbanned