• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 nim

nim

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:54 AM

So when I hit the connect button for both mumble and join game it does nothing idk what to do. I am using a new custom pc i just built

• Enginty likes this

#2 adambolt1

adambolt1

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

When i go in a lobby i cannot use the join mumble server or the reconnect button can some1 help?

#3 BOLT!

BOLT!

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hey, I have been lately experiencing issues with the ability to join mumble or tf2 servers by clicking on the links given in the information in a lobby.  I have been using chrome as my web browser and normally it works fine.  I click on the links and nothing happens. Is there anyway to fix this issue besides manually inputting the addresses into tf2 and mumble?

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

Today's update should help fix that, but if problems persist, please indicate your OS, browser and version.

#5 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

=pan= midgett has contacted me post-fix and has this problem.

Using: Windows 8.1, Chrome, no adblock

He tried reinstalling Chrome, deleting cookies, making profile public (aka desperate bug fixing). It was working previously and works on Internet Explorer.

The only thing that has changed is that he restarted his computer.

Quote from him:

I use Google Chrome as my browser and I played 100+ lobbies with it. But as of 5/24/2014, I couldn't join the Mumble or the lobby. The Launch External Application Protocol usually pops up but I click the reconnect button to be sure. But today, the Launch External Application Protocol didn't pop up and I couldn't join the lobby by pressing the Reconnect button. I can't even join the Mumble through the lobby. Please help.

#6 DJosh

DJosh

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

When i enter a lobby and a lobby starts i can't join the server. When pressing the Reconnect button nothing happens as when i copy link address it says bad password. When i Join TF2 Center it says "Server connection failed: Connection refused" Pls help this maybe a bug for users with mumble 1.2.6 :ccc ;~;

#7 Bren

Bren

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:45 PM

Same is happening to me since about 3 days ago, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Latest version of chrome with adblock installed. Tried disabling adblock but it still won't work.

#8 BOLT!

BOLT!

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hey, I am using windows 8.1 with chrome version  35.0.1916.114 m.   I'm glad to hear that this isn't just a problem on my end.  Putting the addresses into Internet Explorer works, but it is a bit troublesome.  

#9 KTqt

KTqt

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

I'm having the same issue, Ive played a bunch of lobbies yesterday fine and all of a sudden today I can't join any of the game servers or mumble channels. I'm using Windows 8 and google chrome. Not sure what's up.

#10 Smitleyjd

Smitleyjd

• Users
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

I've found that I need to connect to both the server and mumble manually

#11 Felix The Cat

Felix The Cat

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

I find that often if I am already in the TF2 Centre mumble hub, or any other mumble server e.g my team's, and a mumble mandatory lobby starts, instead of mumble automatically joining to the correct server it says "Incorrect password" despite sometimes me already being in the hub. This is frustrating as it means I have to restart mumble, losing the in-game mumble plugin unless I restart TF2 which has resulted in me getting reported

#12 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

Will test this tomorrow when I get back to a windows PC.

#13 Dr. Jeremy

Dr. Jeremy

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Yeah, I tried to join a Mumble server earlier and I had to do it manually...

I did, however, found that dragging the "Join Mumble" button to the top of chrome brings this to the address bar:

And at the very end is

version=1.2.0

The newest Mumble version is 1.2.6, so I'm assuming this is why I can't automatically join mumble with the button.

#14 Bren

Bren

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:15 PM

Did a bit of digging around and it seems that it is an issue with chrome, at least on my end. Tried clicking on various handler links in tf2outpost and bazaar and they too did not work. Also found this bug report from a while back https://code.google....etail?id=116452 from almost a year ago detailing the same problem.

Just out of interest how many of you guys experiencing the same thing are using a pirated copy of windows 8.1? Me and a friend are having this issue with both of us using pirated copies.

#15 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Someone I'm in contact with who has this problem (see the post #5) says they do not have a pirated version of Window 8, but after an OS update the mumble button started working, while the reconnect doesn't. There is no automatic connexion to the TF2 server, but on mumble required lobbies Mumble launches and joins the server.

I think that it's the Windows 8+Chrome combination that's causing shenanigans.

#16 CHEEEWWWYY!

CHEEEWWWYY!

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

Hello! So I am relatively new to the "competitive" seen, but I have played a few lobbies before here.  What I've done before is just ready up, and click connect. Then it would launch steam and access the server. I've played like five lobbies this way.

Now recently, I haven't been able to connect to these games.  I ready up, but then the connect button is replaced with reconnect. It gives me the ip address and password of the server, but when I click reconnect, nothing happens.  I feel dumb asking this, because it is probably an obvious answer and I'll just be a noob lol.  But any suggestions?

#17 WeeSkilz

WeeSkilz

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm experiencing this too.

Genuine Windows 8.1 Home Premium

Google Chrome (No extensions, fresh install)

Mumble 1.2.6

Cheers for looking into it.

#18 BOLT!

BOLT!

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

Randomly starting to work. Probably mumble 1.2.7 that fixed it. 

#19 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:27 PM

Please let me know if this is an issue.  If no response, I will archive in 24h.

#20 The Once and Future King

The Once and Future King

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

Please let me know if this is an issue.  If no response, I will archive in 24h.

It's been months since either button worked for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed