• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ulyk

Ulyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

Can we have an auto-ready with a LOCK on the last player to pick a class (no being a douche and jumping to heavy for highlander then going spec). There were 3 lobbies open earlier today and some troll just kept clicking medic on all of them readying up all 3 lobbies multiple times since none would start without a medic anyway.

Then there's players who pick medic and don't even join the lobby to bait a start regardless, making everyone wait around on purpose. I'd suggest they get a ban from picking the last spot in a lobby, I know it doesn't "fix" the problem entirely, but you'd wait around less for a medic if it's just a scout sub spot.

• Octane Twisted likes this

#2 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:56 PM

Although I understand the problem, we can't control everything users do. What if someone accidentally clicked on the last med slot but can't actually make it for the lobby, then you won't have a med either.

We don't have a rule for 'baiting' a slot since it doesn't actually affect anything, but lobby leaders are welcome to kick/ban these players to a certain degree.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#3 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

I've brought up the idea of being able to kick/ban spectators before, but apparently it's not an easy implement. 

#4 Ulyk

Ulyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

yea being able to ban specs would help a lot, i'd be cool with that, but if it's a long road ahead for it, i'm okay with waiting as long as it's in development officially

#5 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:30 PM

Last player slot already starts the ready-up process with Ready status. What's the big idea?

#6 OGFM

OGFM

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Last player slot already starts the ready-up process with Ready status. What's the big idea?

If only you read carefully what he wrote, you'd know what was being talked about. He's unhappy for players who join the last slot just to get the counter going, with no intentions of playing.

I personally do not like the situation as well, but like was stated up, it wouldn't be right to force someone to play for a misclick (if one happened).

Edited by OGFM, 09 June 2016 - 08:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed