• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Silly Sally

Silly Sally

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:56 PM

It would be nice if at the end of a game players could vote for a rematch.

Some lobbies are more interesting than others for many reasons, such as balanced teams and good comms. Also, a rematch can be appealing when the score is very close. Plus, when the game ends, you have to look for a new lobby again and probably wait another 10 - 20 minutes for a new game...

What if at the end of a good game most of the people would like to replay this match and continue playing with the same people? Say in highlander 16/18 players want a rematch, you find a quick sub for the one or two players leaving, and here you go, you wouldn't have to wait for another lobby to start, a lobby that is potentially less fun (teams unbalanced and bad comms).

You save time, you play more, and you get to know teammates a little bit better.

What do you guys think?

• sage78 and Bebo like this

#2 sage78

sage78

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

make it so you have to type !rematch and if 80% of players agree the players that left are replaced by subs (without losing reliability ofc)

edit: on another note you can already rematch in any mode if people decide not to leave the lobby wich can happen quite often in ultiduo or bball

Edited by sage78, 01 June 2016 - 07:18 PM.

#3 Ulyk

Ulyk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:44 AM

i like this idea, i only play lobbies in search of good ones!

problem is around half of the good lobbies take 30 mins and dedicating an hour is a lot of time. especially without an official break in-between lobbies. there'd be a lot of waiting around if people do afk for a mini-break.

i'd suggest a time extension but those never go well either.

also they'd have to program mumble and lobby logs for rematches without having an actual lobby as a catalyst as well as reliability/mumbility subs etc. it's possible, but it does sound like a lot of work overall.

i do think it should be an option for ultiduo or bball for sure though!

#4 OGFM

OGFM

Former Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 05 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Hello guys!  :)

That's actually a pretty good idea! I also like the contribution of sage78 mentioning the "!rematch" feature.

It would also be nice the addition of an option to vote for the next map being played, so it wouldn't be repetitive. You would, of course, be able to play the same map if x percentage was achieved.

However, I am unsure about the viability of this feature, since, I assume,  playing another lobby (as a form of continuation of the original one) would create a hassle or a mess within the data base as, all you of know, usually a game equals a lobby and respectively a log page for it.

It would be an interesting addition if well-structured.

Cheers!

• Highvlass Heavy likes this

#5 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:58 PM

My only thoughts on this is it's a cool idea. It would certainly make the site feel a little more like a PUG service.

But as it stands this would be a pretty tricky thing to code, and at the end of the day it wouldn't create something that you can't already manually do.

I've played with people plenty of times where in the post-game mumble we've set up a new lobby with a password and most of us joined up and played again. Not a perfect system, but it's something you might want to think about  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Declined