• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 <da> Shadow

<da> Shadow

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:30 AM

So, I've noticed that there is a lobby limit in terms of hosting, however I'd noticed one highlander and one 6's lobby earlier happened to be around one with a single reserved slot that wasn't being filled and a highlander for gullywash which mind you isn't really a popular highlander map from what I can tell.

Why is it, that I'm not alloud to host a map such as product or upward that may fill faster and or force the mind you 200 players to actually not sit in spec in a lobby on a map that no one wants to play?

All I suggest is that in the scenario based on whatever formula that determines the concurrent limit be changed to at minimum two lobbies being alloud this prevents any scenario where there's a map NO ONE wants to play sitting on the thing until the lobby just closes as is.

Anyone with common sense would know that if they seriously wanted to play a lobby and there's a sixes and or highlander lobby up but happened to have a map that was as could be said, distasteful that it may be better to host a lobby players would happen to enjoy IE viaduct/upward/badwater, it's sad to say but maps like gullywash and ashville aren't really preferred by highlander players, ashville more so enjoyed than gully from what I can tell most of the time.

But, why limit the lobby  number to one 6's and one hl? I sat here waiting for a half an hour with 200+ players online waiting for the gullywash to fill while there where classes such as heavy and or medic that I personally cannot nor will play waiting to line up? People won't want to play a poorly scaled map let alone classes that are absolutely punished when the opposing team is stacked as would make sense.

So, overall

players are less likely to play classes like heavy and medic where they get punished by the opposing team or their own, especially on maps like gullywash that have obserdly high learning curbs for highlander players than they are to want to play some of the more popular maps resulting in the slow lobby fill times even later in the day when there's almost twice to three times the ammount of players online than there is early on.

Have a nice day!

• Stevbeme likes this

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:31 PM

So essentially make the default base lobby limit 2 instead of 1? That seems pretty reasonable. I don't think we'd need to make a system to detect if it was a "less popular map" or not since it wouldn't really change much. 

I do want to point out that donaters automatically have a +1 to the lobby limit, which would solve your problem. 

#3 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Concurrent open lobbies limit is based on a number of players online. So the default base lobby limit 1 here for a reason. Sometimes TF2C doesn't have enough players to fill up several lobbies at once. And your personal preferences about a maps may not match with other players' preferences. First-come, first-served is a common rule here. Everything besides this falls under another sections of TF2C rules and may be complained to admins. E.g. the last locked slot's case.

#4 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

There was an issue with the lobby limit this week, it was fixed yesterday.

chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed