• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 End my suffering

End my suffering

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:02 AM

Hi. I'm Animus. I'm currently known in tf2 as "End my suffering".

Why is my name like that?

I keep on getting stressed when players destroy my buildings and i'd have to repair them all the way to lvl 3 again.

I'm an engineer main that only played for 300+ hours in tf2.

I've always wanted to play competitive ever since i heard about it. I heard it was more fun than pubs.

But then.. I joined a pub server talking about competitive and the group of people told me that i'll just get trash talked in comp. They say they are professional comp players and know what they are doing. They told me i shouldn't even try.

Should i try comp or just wait and play more until i'm experienced enough?

#2 Jaros

Jaros

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Location0xDEADBEEF

Steam Profile

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:19 AM

Hello,
All players of all skill levels are welcome here. But reality can sometimes be different...
On lobbies, sometimes your team expects you to do certain things at some points, like building sentries at particular spots, watching for spies and so on.
And then, when most of the new players fail to do so, those 'more skilled' tend to get pretty mad.
My advice: Yeah sure, go for it, but I would recommend you to look up the basics before you play, so... you know.
Reading guides and asking politely helped me a lot in the beggining, and besides, yep, it was hard.
Try steam guides or webistes such as playcomp.tf, there is plenty of good stuff to learn from ;)
chieƒ : omg brony bitch reported

#3 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 May 2016 - 06:26 AM

You have to be aware that TF2 is a video game, it's not meant to stress you out, should be the opposite. To have fun, chill and relax. If you are 'suffering', then I recommend you find another game more suitable for you.

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#4 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

They say they are professional comp players and know what they are doing. They told me i shouldn't even try.

There are only one or two professional TF2 players out there, and you have probably not played with them.

Also, I would recommend joining Mumble required Lobbies and discussing with your team that you're inexperienced and could use their help. From my personal experience, it's not so much about "being bad" rather than "not learning" (attitude). We all started somewhere ;-)