• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 omar23

omar23

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:12 AM

So somebody made a suggestion about penalites for leaving lobbies and it was approved, when I saw it I was like Nooooooo!

so I decided to make a topic against this, the suggestion was approved immediatly, I didn't see any popular demand and I saw no reason not to put this up for debate

Basically why I think this is a bad idea is, the site is free for everybody from any skill level to use, here we run into a problem, some lobbies would get it that there's an entire team stacked of players that are just getting into competetive and some players that have 5 plat seasons and are here to just chill... as you would guess that ends up in a 5-0 loss within 8 minutes and the new player team gets absolutely destroyed, it's not even close, In lobbies like that it's basically a waste of time, and you would imagine somebody would get mad and leave, because they're sick and tired of getting rolled 5-0 within 8 minutes when half of their team is trying to figure out the map...

this shouldn't give penalites for leaving lobbies, what you're doing is forcing new players to stay in the lobby and get destroyed for the prem players, You should get better by playing against people who are better than you, but a 6k hours player team stack isn't the definition... some lobbies are just plain broken

and I don't think you can implement rankings to go with this (as in to insure it's not a total 5 minute roll and that the team that ragequit does it cuz the enemy is just better and they're loosing), lobbies already take long to fill especially having to wait for a medic or heavy or engi, putting rank restrictions on classes like these will destroy your chance of filling a lobby, some people would start leaving cuz its taking long which further denies the chance it'll fill.

I guess you should put up a poll for this altho I'm positive it'll end in a positive voting in favor of the restriction, but I hoped to get my point out there.

#2 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

People rage quitting because they are losing is one of the biggest problems currently on TF2Center. If you sign up to play a lobby, you're expected to participate, else you're just wasting 11-17 other people's time by leaving. "We're getting rolled" is not a valid excuse. 

#3 omar23

omar23

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:07 PM

but You would imagine, with playing with randoms, It's a valid execuse when your team gets rolled very hard... It's not much of a team as playing with randoms and most of the people don't try at all or are really bad as you're there  trying and deliberatly getting 1v6'd every single mid (not to be offensive to bad players but you get the point) 

#4 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

it's not

#5 omar23

omar23

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

What would you have for a solution when your team gets Immensly rolled, to the point that people just don't wonna play anymore?

#6 Highvlass Heavy

Highvlass Heavy

Former staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1525 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

If you're truly getting "rolled" and have no chance of even competing, the match will only last ~8 minutes. If you can't play for 8 minutes and you must leave the lobby then you shouldn't be allowed to join a different lobby right after. Your leaving is selfish and ruins the game for everyone else. 

#7 Hoxy

Hoxy

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:29 PM

Don't join a lobby where you will be rolled then if you don't want to get rolled! 
If hours and lobbies played aren't enough stats for you, you can go through the player's profile to their TPR profile to get their other stats such as DA/M, KA/D and that stuff. 
If you are against team stacking, make your own lobbies and manage the balance by yourself. Easy as that :)

#8 omar23

omar23

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:38 PM

Don't join a lobby where you will be rolled then if you don't want to get rolled! 
If hours and lobbies played aren't enough stats for you, you can go through the player's profile to their TPR profile to get their other stats such as DA/M, KA/D and that stuff. 
If you are against team stacking, make your own lobbies and manage the balance by yourself. Easy as that :)

But half of the lobbies are like that and it becomes very unentertaining when you have to wait half an hour for a fair lobby instead of all of them being fair like it would be suppost to be

but I guess they already passed the suggestion, I'll have to wait and see what comes out of this...

#9 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:27 PM

We can't control which skill level of player joins what lobby, until AL comes out. Look forward to that :)

It's been fun, thanks for the ride.

#10 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

Or use my uber awsome plugin here and now http://steamcommunit...ups/stars-tf2 :D

#11 omar23

omar23

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:08 AM

Or use my uber awsome plugin here and now http://steamcommunit...ups/stars-tf2  :D

The group is down/url not working, Idk what this has to do with the suggestion but sure y not :P

#12 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

https://steamcommuni...roups/stars-tf2

https://chrome.googl...fofmmcfng?hl=en

It's an chrome extension that allows players to see stats based on league stats. You can kinda make out if a team is stacked this way.

• Kengur likes this

#13 Kengur

Kengur

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:45 PM

Ah, sorry for that. Seriously it doesn't work without https... Seriously, Steam? Paranoid as Google.

#14 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

Not paranoid, it's just basic security.

#15 Jan

Jan

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

Ah, sorry for that. Seriously it doesn't work without https... Seriously, Steam? Paranoid as Google.

It works perfectly well on http, your link in original post just had extra character (no brake space) at the end.

#16 nrd.

nrd.

Former TF2C Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2105 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

Can now confirm this is going to be released for AL.

#17 ded

ded

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:34 PM

For me it's a huge problem because sometimes I can't connect to lobby servers

so ez 7 days for me

#18 A U T O

A U T O

Advanced Member

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:25 AM

my game has crashed numerous times and also sometimes it comes up with "you are in insecure mode" so i have to exit steam and restart tf2 and steam and also re join therefore it auto reps me for being AFK

#19 gatsan

gatsan

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

I think the problem is that ANY leaving whatsoever is severely punished. I know the mods/admins/staff/people that run this place will say "oh use the 2 hours you're banned to figure out why your game is crashing" or something

If you !rep yourself before the lobby begins because you have to go that should not result in a ban.

If you have to restart your game and people blindly !rep you that should not result in a ban either.

Nor should being repped out for not being the best medic ever, or being repped because the idiots on your team thought the AFK guy wasn't subbed out and instead rep the new guy joining

If 3 people have already left the lobby and everyone is gimmicking, leaving should not result in a ban.

Also for those occasions where nobody can join cuz "bad password" and the leader is afk or has no idea why he should close the lobby thats a bunch of people banned.

IMO, you really shouldn't be banned at all (maybe only if you do it like 3 times in a row or doing some dumb trolling shit); I feel like they're trying to make TF2Center serious when it already has a reputation for NOT being serious at all. Also a bunch of people were confused asf in chat because nobody announced this; this was a pretty huge change that is WAY more important than advanced lobbies and yet nothing was said; it just left innocent people to be banned for half an hour, 2 hours, 8 hours ETC.

The system is kinda flawed too tbh, I can perma-pyro/perma-spy (even though 100% offclassing is allowed) and even though it ruins the experience I will not get any punishment whereas the people who are not enjoying the lobby at all because of me will get banned if they leave.

also making these legitimate points shouldnt warrant a 1 month chat ban like thats just dumb lol like wtf srsly bro gotta take a chill pill chillax mofo snoop dogg???

EDIT: if your game crashes cuz new update or some shit, shouldnt be a ban either

Edited by gatsan, 28 July 2016 - 10:09 AM.

• Jaros and Hoxy like this

#20 AliG

AliG

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

i think we just have to deal with that 2hours ban. once i tried sub medic and server wasnt responding so i got 2hours ban and wasnt clearly my fault.

But i can live that. lobbies now way better, much less faillobbiess. so we have to take this small disadvantages to get the bigger benfit.

• Highvlass Heavy and Hoxy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed