• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

I'm trying to start doing lobbies. Yesterday was my first day. I got into one lobby, but the game was disbanded due to dropouts. After that I tried joining a few others and TF2 wouldn't open at all, neither would my other Steam games. It took me all day to get TF2 to work. I updated windows, my drivers, I put in a ticket with Steam and they told me to refresh my Steam files and verify the game files. I finally was able to play pubs last night. Today I just tried to go into a lobby, but the same thing is happening and now I'm going to have to mess with all the files again and hope that works.

One thing to mention: when the game starts, I'm not receiving the popups to join Mumble or the game. I did for the first lobby I joined, but haven't since then. Since I can't even get TF2 to open to manually enter the lobby, I'm wondering if this is connected with the bigger issue I'm having.

Thanks for the help!

#2 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

TF2C isn't responsible for weird Steam behavior (not just legally, technically).

Let me guess, you are on Windows with Chrome?

#3 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

TF2C isn't responsible for weird Steam behavior (not just legally, technically).

Let me guess, you are on Windows with Chrome?

Somehow TF2C is causing the problem of TF2 not opening. I tried to play lobbies again yesterday and the same thing happened, although for the rest of the day when I did test logins to pubs it was fine. So there's something going on between TF2C and Steam. (I'm just counting my blessings at this point and am thankful I didn't have to refresh the Steam files and verify TF2 files to play pubs)

Yes, I am using Chrome. What I've found already through some googling has said that some people are having issues and some not when using Chrome. Is there a known issue with Chrome and TF2C?

#4 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Does TF2 open on lobbies that do not require Mumble?

There are two known bugs with Chrome: the buttons don't work and TF2 doesn't open on Mumble required lobbies.

#5 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

It doesn't open either way. Mumble does, but not TF2. It attempts to. My Steam status shows me in game, but then it switches back to "online" after a few seconds. I should have said that before, but it'd slipped my mind with everything I was trying to put into the original post.

#6 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

Oh so Steam attempts to launch TF2, but is unsuccessful. In that case, TF2C does send the right 'message', so I don't think it's on our side. Do you get an error from Steam?

#7 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

No, I don't any message, notification, error, or anything, from either side.

#8 Dave

Dave

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

I have the same error although I use Firefox.

As soon as the lobby starts i can't start any of my steam games anymore.

Btw: You don't have to reinstall or update all your gamefiles. Just restarting your OS should be enough, or at least is enough in my case.

#9 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Dave - I haven't tried since I posted this topic, I'm waiting on a dev to respond, and unfortunately that is taking a long time. I haven't had any issues with my games since I updated the game files. What do you mean by "restarting your OS should be enough"? You mean restarting my computer?

#10 Dave

Dave

• Users
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Yeah except your OS is running in a virtual machine but I don't think that's the case for most users.

#11 Foxy

Foxy

former dev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:19 PM

Sorry this took so long! There are no issues that I know of that could cause this.

There isn't anything special that TF2C is doing though!

#12 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

I'll leave this as Under Review for the moment.

#13 Punny

Punny

• Users
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

You can close this. I found out last night I'm having issues with Mumble, not tf2center. For some reason when I have Mumble open I can't get TF2 to open. If I close Mumble, then I can open TF2. I guess it shows how often I use Mumble.  :P

#14 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

I did have the sneaky suspicion that TF2C had nothing to do with it :P

I'll mark this as complete then, partially because I like seeing green in the Archive.

• Punny likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Completed