• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tseini

Tseini

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

I dont really know how hard this would be to do, but add somekind of chatsystem e.g. like irc channels.

Since you daily see alot of high div players in TF2Center,all the new players could ask hints/tips how to play certain class.

It could be done also by having some sort of Q/A Inbox.

These "Mentors" would be selected and they would be easy to acces in front page of tf2center lobbies.

I know this is kind of badly described, but as in harsh example:

I could be sniper mentor,so my name and class would be there easily to see.

Then new players who want to learn about sniper clicks my name and gets into to the Q/A section.

Personally i would answer to questions when waiting for lobby to fill up and it would eventually even raise the general skill

of tf2center.

#2 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:24 PM

I really like this idea and I believe it has been discussed before, it's just a matter of coming up with a system that works and then implementing it.

If you have any more specific ways of coming up with a system I'd be very interested to see them but regardless we will probably wait for a properly fleshed out system before attempting to do something like this.

Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.

#3 ninjaMooCow

ninjaMooCow

Former TF2C staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Maybe a mentoring forum area?

#4 kKaltUu

kKaltUu

Clown

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'm not sure, but it would be wise to make sub forum for the classes (and move the guides there). 

But that's just half assed. If a player is looking for specific advice, he needs a buddy who reviews his game and tells him what intrinsics he's missing. 

What incentive is there for an experienced member to help? How do we make it's added value for the new player? If a mentor dissapears after talking to the new player once, it'll make no difference. 

I'll keep an eye on it to see what ideas we can come up with. This suggestion (if executed correctly) is what drives people to the higher divisions.

#5 R.E.M.

R.E.M.

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm not sure, but it would be wise to make sub forum for the classes (and move the guides there). 

But that's just half assed. If a player is looking for specific advice, he needs a buddy who reviews his game and tells him what intrinsics he's missing. 

What incentive is there for an experienced member to help? How do we make it's added value for the new player? If a mentor dissapears after talking to the new player once, it'll make no difference. 

I'll keep an eye on it to see what ideas we can come up with. This suggestion (if executed correctly) is what drives people to the higher divisions.

This isn't what Tsieni is suggesting, we can do something like this as well but it's more of a resource for people who already know something about their class and can play it to a reasonable standard but have a specific question about a certain situation or aspect of their class's meta.

• TheMattgician likes this
Former TF2C Moderator
Former head of suggestions and bug reports.

"Ze healing is not as revarding as ze hurting." - The Medic.