#121 Shpeeisme

Shpeeisme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

I personally would make the amount of people to rep you before you're actually reported 7, that way you can't just kick a bad medic who is in mumble instead of giving him tips. This would completely remove people getting kicked out of sheer meanness of teammates since it takes almost the entire team to be heartless and not willing to help a less advanced player

thanks for listening :)

No problem!

#122 Lulzy

Lulzy

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

This may have already been a concern that was risen that I just didn't see, but when I read the main post, it specified that a speicfic group would be made for these advanced lobbies, and that said group would be private, I think it's a very good idea. However, when it comes to actually playing the games, I'd much rather prefer the criteria of reliabilty + RQ + lobbies played. I'm hoping I'm not the only person with this issue, but that fact that I have a very small amount of time to play a day means that I can't show my desire to play a serious lobby as much, so it stands to reason that it would be pretty difficult for my want to get noticed.

In case of TL;DR, I want to play Advanced Lobbies, but it'll be hard for my want to get noticed to be in the group for them.

Edited by Lulzy, 09 October 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#123 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Question: Will there be a new "lobbies played" counter?

Like a "Advanced lobbies played" counter and a general "Lobbies played" wich would total the number of AL and normal lobbies played?

#124 icy

icy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:56 PM

Like a "Advanced lobbies played" counter and a general "Lobbies played" wich would total the number of AL and normal lobbies played?

Yeah we need the extra counter if this is going to happen, so Iron players don't boss us around like they own the site.

#125 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:37 PM

Do you want us to make TF2C UI is looking like this?

Attached File  киска.jpg   90.84KB   14 downloads

Well, I think there is a better solution. Same counter with a different meaning related to context: it will be showing the number of casual lobbies played in the casual lobbies and ALs number in advanced lobbies.

#126 SuicidalFudge

SuicidalFudge

• Users
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

Here is my idea:

Getting in:

Players who want to play in advanced lobbies have to write a post on the forums highlighting things like their skill and experience with tf2 as well as what team and league they play in*. They must specify what game mode they want to play( highlander, 6v6 etc.) as well as class or classes they want to play as and must have a demo video of them playing a lobby as the classes they choose, one demo per class. They must also have at least: 100 lobbies played, 1000+ of tf2 played, and a current reputation of 100%. There will then be a waiting period where the  post will be reviewed by three admins**. They must decide a personal yes or no verdict and reply to the post with their verdict along with a reason for their choice, if less then two admins say yes to the post then the player will be denied access and will have to wait a week before they can post another message if they want. If two admins say yes but one says no then a fourth admin will step in to be the determining vote. If all three or the fourth admin say yes then the player will be granted access to play and create advanced lobbies as the classes he specified in his post. If he wishes to play a class or game-mode that was not specified in the post, this person will need to create a new post for any additional classes or game modes.

Advanced lobbies:

Actual advanced lobbies will be similar to normal lobbies but there will be some differences:

1: Players must be in mumble before the lobby is launched, if they are not in mumble when the lobby is launched they will be kicked.

2: Class changing will not be allowed once the match starts.

3: There can only be five open lobbies per region and game-mode***.

4: Event maps are not allowed.

Bans:

If a player gets reported or kicked, instead of loosing reputation I think they should get a warning in the form of a little red x on their profile. If they get three warnings they will be denied access to advanced lobbies until they write an appeal. If they regain permission they will be allowed back on advanced lobbies. If they get another three warnings they will receive a permanent ban from tf2center.

Player rights and attitude:

Players will be given the right to enjoy their games but players will be expected to take advanced lobbies seriously. Players have the right to do anything pre-game as long as it does not create a problem for anyone else. But once a match starts players will be expected to keep their team and the game in mind when they play. While not punishable, players will be expected to know proper mumble etiquette. Players will be given every right to report someone for excessive talking on the mic. A rule page for advanced lobbies will be created and new advanced lobby players will be expected and advised to read these rules.

Notes:

*Team and leagues are optional.

** These admins must be assessed for lack of favouritism. 

*** This will ensure lobbies fill.

Don't judge players on hours played or lobbies played. Next you will be judging them on their age.

I have only 330 hours but play UGC Steel spy main and am always in mumble and always trying hard to win. UGC Steel isn't that impressive but it shows that I want to get better and I take competitive seriously. Players in UGC or ETF2L should go straight in unless they have low rep.

Some people with 4 times that amount play their chosen class really badly, rage at other players, or don't join mumble. 

Very few people have 100% reputation. I got a rage quit for disconnecting when TF2 crashed and then rejoining 1 minutes later.

I want to play advanced lobbies because I take this stuff seriously and want mumble enforced etc. I may not be the best, but I want to get better and I do that by practicing in lobbes. People don't want to have to play a hundred lobbies to show that they take it seriously. Advanced lobbies shouldn't be primarily judged on play ability but on player attitude and mindset.

TLDR: Please DONT implement an hour/lobbies played minimum.

• naknak, Shea and SuicidalFudge like this

#127 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

attachicon.gifкиска.jpg

Well, I think there is a better solution. Same counter with a different meaning related to context: it will be showing the number of casual lobbies played in the casual lobbies and ALs number in advanced lobbies.

Yea but I was talking about the profile page. :)

#128 Harry Kaine

Harry Kaine

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

please do this or sthm similar  because tf2center will become more and more pub trash with this no requirement lobbys and i think this is not how this site is ment to be !

dam little 15 year old pubheroes will ruin this wonderful site  ....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#129 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:46 PM

attachicon.gifкиска.jpg

Yea but I was talking about the profile page. :)

Ah, the profile! I see. Yes, I think the profile is a proper place for this info.

#130 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

Can someone confirm or deny how it sounds to me things will pan out? I'd like to say I haven't read this thread in a week or so, so apologies for mistakes:

Higher tier lobbies will

• Occur 1 at a time. 1 must fill before another starts.
  • Be mumble required.
  • Have a map pool, more in-line with maps used in comp and/or map testing for future comp maps (i.e. logjam for 6s)
  • Will start with a smallish group of people relative to the entire community

#131 Mother Tereza

Mother Tereza

Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1714 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Steam Profile

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

• Occur 1 at a time. 1 must fill before another starts.

The most likely scenario. We are going to experiment with the exact numbers. If ALs will be positively met by community and there will be a lot of available players to start several concurrent ALs, the number can be increased.

• Be mumble required.

Definitely

• Have a map pool, more in-line with maps used in comp and/or map testing for future comp maps (i.e. logjam for 6s)

Yes, to prevent occurrence of the trolling lobbies and stopping ALs queue.

• Will start with a smallish group of people relative to the entire community

Yes, but the final details and basis on which players would be able to get into ALs group is still under consideration. Depending on that, this group can be larger or smaller.

#132 CHERRY

CHERRY

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:40 PM

ESEA though? Cevo? There's an entire class of player that has never played Ugc.

Didn't read the whole thread, but I know for a fact that everything can be easily worked out with CEVO, ESEA may be the opposite :)

790159.png?40687377

#133 femmebrulee

femmebrulee

• Users
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

I'm pretty excited about this idea. It makes sense to introduce a new form of lobbies with higher expectations than to change the nature of all lobbies in one swoop; if ALs are successful and get a positive reputation, they will flourish and could eventually become the majority of available lobbies.

A few comments/concerns:

1. I agree with naknak in that the focus should be on consequences and not as strict of entrance requirements. The worst offenders of the "just a lobby" mentality, from what I've noticed, are experienced, high-level competitive players who have other modes of practice: whether PUGs, scrims, etc. that they take more seriously. Minimum requirements do not combat this. The focus can't be just skill level, but actual effort and willingness to help the team (measured by mumble use, abandoning games, etc.)
  2. Initially, I really like the idea of having ALs automatically launched at x-hour intervals. Particularly on Mondays/Wednesdays when servers available to rent are low, having quality launched intervals could help create a positive reputation that will be needed initially. Limiting the number of AL lobbies also makes sense.
  3. I am concerned with only allowing formal competitive players to join AL. Please do provide some other mechanism to enter ALs: whether manual applications or backing from established TF2C members.
  4. Please let the medic choose one person to be "linked" with if you decide to randomize teams.

I am concerned about a decrease in the number of new-to-competitive players who still take competitive play seriously; I can say for myself, I am a 800-hour and 164-lobby zero formal experience medic main. Before my 1st lobby, I spent at least 20 hours (no, seriously) reading guides, taking notes, watching videos on how to play competitive medic. I came to TF2C very hesitant; now, I play lobbies (3-4?) pretty much every day for the past 2 months. I haven't joined a team, but will in January. I don't think I suck, and probably have only 2 of those lobbies where I had negative experiences with people bitching about my medic-ness. Please don't disallow players like me from AL! :)

Also: as a Med, I choose my team almost entirely (unless I have friends on the team) based on who is playing Demo. I would really, really hate to be randomized to a demo who I know doesn't have a play style that matches mine, i.e. demoknights. Just something to consider!

#134 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 22 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

I'm pretty excited about this idea. It makes sense to introduce a new form of lobbies with higher expectations than to change the nature of all lobbies in one swoop; if ALs are successful and get a positive reputation, they will flourish and could eventually become the majority of available lobbies.

A few comments/concerns:

1. I agree with naknak in that the focus should be on consequences and not as strict of entrance requirements. The worst offenders of the "just a lobby" mentality, from what I've noticed, are experienced, high-level competitive players who have other modes of practice: whether PUGs, scrims, etc. that they take more seriously. Minimum requirements do not combat this. The focus can't be just skill level, but actual effort and willingness to help the team (measured by mumble use, abandoning games, etc.)

I'm not so sure we're talking about experienced people only here; regardless of their skill level, this should not the general mentality.

I am concerned with only allowing formal competitive players to join AL. Please do provide some other mechanism to enter ALs: whether manual applications or backing from established TF2C members.

As you could have read in the thread, I have stated that competitive players will provide the initial group; after that, we're going to expand. There will be some kind of screening process to make sure people actually know what they're doing.

Please let the medic choose one person to be "linked" with if you decide to randomize teams.

I am concerned about a decrease in the number of new-to-competitive players who still take competitive play seriously; I can say for myself, I am a 800-hour and 164-lobby zero formal experience medic main. Before my 1st lobby, I spent at least 20 hours (no, seriously) reading guides, taking notes, watching videos on how to play competitive medic. I came to TF2C very hesitant; now, I play lobbies (3-4?) pretty much every day for the past 2 months. I haven't joined a team, but will in January. I don't think I suck, and probably have only 2 of those lobbies where I had negative experiences with people bitching about my medic-ness. Please don't disallow players like me from AL! :)

Also: as a Med, I choose my team almost entirely (unless I have friends on the team) based on who is playing Demo. I would really, really hate to be randomized to a demo who I know doesn't have a play style that matches mine, i.e. demoknights. Just something to consider!

We have considered that, and it's likely that we also implement this. However, to start with things simple, we would like to focus on preventing 5-0 rolls. Next thing could be to keep medics more happy ;-)

Also, as a main med myself, also not in a team, I understand your worries. I don't think your mentality as described will be a problem for us, so stay tuned ;-)

MN

• The Once and Future King likes this

#135 Ten'son'

Ten'son'

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

[...] However, to start with things simple, we would like to focus on preventing 5-0 rolls. [...]

About that.

I tried myself to play "Advanced Lobbies" on TF2Center, to see if this would be more balanced. So, since the announcement of ALs I've been creating lobbies with "100 lobbies played" requirement and sometimes mumble mandatory (I get more people in mumble when not mandatory...). And it's been amazing. Almost every match was close and ended on 2-3.

Players can't complain about "the bad demo" or "the bad medic" since we all have a decent amount of lobbies behind us. And it's way more fun to have a very close match.

So yea, I think ALs will be balanced.

#136 TheMattgician

TheMattgician

Supreme Poster Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

Additionally there will be some player shuffling to prevent stacks. So yeah!

#137 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Any word on when these will be available?

#138 Luop90

Luop90

>implying I have a title

• +Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1919 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:46 PM

Any word on when these will be available?

(From what the devs have told me) Its going to be implemented in steps, not one huge update. So each part of ALs will be put in separately, and tested individually. This is so that with AL become live, it will work fluidly, instead of bugs popping up all over the place.

Why do mathematicians confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec!

#139 MasterNoob

MasterNoob

Founder

• Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts

Steam Profile

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

That's right; here is the first ingredient:

http://rc.tf2center....elog#2014-10-26

• TheCapeKid likes this

#140 b33p

b33p

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

If a player's mumble icon is red, i.e. they are in mumble but mic muted, does that count as in or out?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community Input